shopping new DAC under $3k with computer audio...your 3 choices..
Jun 17, 2017 at 3:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

canali

Headphoneus Supremus
hi just trying to get more options here for nice DAC for my computer audio
in the $2-3K range.
(using microrendu, lps1, Roon, Tidal streaming, some 24/192)...
for DAC using iFi micro iDSD

of course there are the well known models: Chord Hugo 2 (still awaiting more pro reviews),
the Schiit Yiggy, Benchmark Dac2/3...mr speakers was referring to the mojo audio mystical series DAC for his own listening with
the cavelli liquid glass amp (but the newer mystical models are $5kish)
any others to also consider?
thanks

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2017 at 8:41 AM Post #3 of 13
I went with a lynx hilo which sounds unbelievable. I also use a moon mind 180 for tidal.

Jun 18, 2017 at 12:10 PM Post #4 of 13
I recently auditioned the DAC3 from Benchmark and found it very good. Great air, soundstage and detail. However I found the Brooklyn to be very close with better bass extension. I was surprised as the DAC3 has the new chip and I wanted to keep it but opted for the Brooklyn.

Caveat - If you using it primarily with HPs then the DAC3 has the better HP amp.

Jul 5, 2017 at 1:53 PM Post #11 of 13
thanks guys...i'll do more research on the ones suggested.

one chap i speak with (we both have the microrendu/lps 1 power supply) went for a ps audio direct stream DAC jr.
and bought some updated firmware to take it to the next level...the direct stream reg (not jr) is some $4k or so...$$$
but have read good things on it.

the thing with the hugo2: it also has the benefit of being transportable.

hope we'll see a freindly ''DAC Smackdown'' over the next few months comparing a number of them.

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2017 at 2:55 PM Post #12 of 13
thanks guys...i'll do more research on the ones suggested.

one chap i speak with (we both have the microrendu/lps 1 power supply) went for a ps audio direct stream DAC jr.
and bought some updated firmware to take it to the next level...the direct stream reg (not jr) is some $4k or so...$$$
but have read good things on it.

the thing with the hugo2: it also has the benefit of being transportable.

hope we'll see a freindly ''DAC Smackdown'' over the next few months comparing a number of them.

Adi-2 Pro is also trans-portable with a 12v battery pack :)
304D9D29-3CB2-4876-9AB3-70E8AD4D9C73.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back