Sgt Pepper 50th Anniversary Releases
May 28, 2017 at 4:25 PM Post #5 of 20
From the guy who remasterd the Record version of Sgt Pepper, if anyone is remotely interested?

I am honestly lost for words that no one is showing any interest in these releases?

Last edited:
May 28, 2017 at 5:25 PM Post #6 of 20
I've got to stop listening to it before I over do it!

The remix is gorgeous, lush, detailed and with new insight I've never heard before.

listening with Beyerdynamic T1.2 from Chord Mojo and apple lossless (ripped from CD).

I wanted to hold off to demo it with Chord Hugo 2. I made it almost 12 hours, but could not hold out!

Giles Martin, take a bow!

May 28, 2017 at 5:35 PM Post #7 of 20
I've got to stop listening to it before I over do it!

The remix is gorgeous, lush, detailed and with new insight I've never heard before.

listening with Beyerdynamic T1.2 from Chord Mojo and apple lossless (ripped from CD).

I wanted to hold off to demo it with Chord Hugo 2. I made it almost 12 hours, but could not hold out!

Giles Martin, take a bow!

At last, thanks for replying Peter. Are you not tempted by the physical discs, the deluxe set is a thing of beauty.

May 28, 2017 at 6:31 PM Post #8 of 20
At last, thanks for replying Peter. Are you not tempted by the physical discs, the deluxe set is a thing of beauty.

a money issue!

I did get CDs 3 and 4 online, which are fascinating for me.

I have much to share regarding the re-mix. Ringo's drumming...the subtle cymbals are beautiful.

The soundstage is wide and the depth really is something special. I love what it has done to the Oboe and the organ sounds.

I am hoping that discs 5 and 6 will eventually be offered online. I am interested in the audio takes. Descriptions sound fascinating.

Last edited:
May 29, 2017 at 6:03 AM Post #9 of 20
a money issue!

I did get CDs 3 and 4 online, which are fascinating for me.

I have much to share regarding the re-mix. Ringo's drumming...the subtle cymbals are beautiful.

The soundstage is wide and the depth really is something special. I love what it has done to the Oboe and the organ sounds.

I am hoping that discs 5 and 6 will eventually be offered online. I am interested in the audio takes. Descriptions sound fascinating.

Thanks Peter.

What i have found a little strange on this forum is the almost total lack of talk or conversation on here about what is probably the most important album or the last 50 years, other forums are buzzing about it?

Last edited:
May 29, 2017 at 11:51 AM Post #10 of 20
I am more than interested, but waiting on my pay to purchase them and then after till Friday night to see if they truly made it better. Right now it is hard for me to imagine it being any better, in my opinion the best album of all time period.

May 29, 2017 at 11:59 AM Post #11 of 20
I have ordered the LP. Should be here tomorrow id say.
Very excited to compare it to the other versions I have. 82 Japan Mono, mfsl, 86 Japan mono, 1st release stereo, blue box and UHQR.

May 31, 2017 at 7:46 AM Post #13 of 20
I've had more time to listen to Sgt. Peppers and my impression of the remix is that I distinctly get lost in the music, rather than critiquing the engineering. I love how wide and natural sounding the soundstage is.

May 31, 2017 at 6:57 PM Post #14 of 20
Got the basic single CD today. Forget '20 years ago today' or even 50 yrs. Sounds like it was recorded Yesterday

Superb

Jun 1, 2017 at 1:31 PM Post #15 of 20
Bought the single CD. Like Mr Showell (above) says, "it's like a veil has been lifted". Amazing sound (using Onkyo DP-X1 & Shure SE846).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back