Schiit Magni 2 Uber vs Vali 2
Mar 8, 2016 at 1:56 PM Post #16 of 25
So I'm in the same boat as you were. How do you like your setup now?

I got myself the Magni 2 Uber and it is seriously unbelievable. I've never in my life experienced such an amazing sound. If u cant decide between the Magni 2 Uber and Vali 2, u will do nothing wrong with the Magni 2 Uber.

If u have any more questions, just ask! :)

Mar 8, 2016 at 8:03 PM Post #17 of 25
Same actually. How does it sound for you with prog rock? Could you possibly try to check some of the artists like, Steven Wilson / Porcupine Tree / Sufjan Stevens / Muse or even, Queen?

That's something that I basically have in my cart already, just need to make a payment and I also can't decide between Vali 2 and Magni 2 uber.

Mar 8, 2016 at 10:20 PM Post #18 of 25
I don't think you would be disappointed with either one.  I just went with a Vali 2 based on Nick's recommendation from Schiit but he said either would be fine.  For me it was about finding the right amp for the AKG K7XX coming from Massdrop and being curious to try a tube amp.

The K7XX hasn't come yet but the Vali 2 does not sound colored or "tubey" to me.  With just my M50x for a couple more days, it sounds pretty neutral, clear, and detailed.  The only tube amp I've ever owned or listened to but it sounds very good!  I want to acquire more Schiit in the future for sure. 

Mar 9, 2016 at 11:38 AM Post #19 of 25
  Same actually. How does it sound for you with prog rock? Could you possibly try to check some of the artists like, Steven Wilson / Porcupine Tree / Sufjan Stevens / Muse or even, Queen?

That's something that I basically have in my cart already, just need to make a payment and I also can't decide between Vali 2 and Magni 2 uber.

https://www.reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/49b6ys/week_32_dacampdap_discussion_schiit_vali_2/d0rs8yx

Here is someone reviewing the Vali 2 just 2 days ago.
I'll get to the progressive rock later.

Aug 18, 2016 at 11:13 PM Post #20 of 25
For what it's worth, I just sent my Magni 2 Uber back to Schiit. I ordered an original Vali 6 months ago and fell in love with the sound. It's got this incredible warmth that makes the music I listen to just sound magical (sorry, new to this hobby and don't really know any better way to describe it...) Unfortunately it had pretty bad ringing after like 10 minutes of use, so I bought a Magni 2 Uber thinking it would have the same great sound without being so finicky. Unfortunately it didn't - it sounded *good* for sure, but more sterile and way less engaging. So I sent it back to be exchanged for a Vali 2. This is 100% subjective of course -- not sure which sound you'd prefer -- but they definitely sound different.

Aug 28, 2016 at 11:37 AM Post #21 of 25
Basically in the same boat here as several others. I picked up a pair of HD600's and think I will go with the Magni 2 uber first. I'd like a neutral point of reference to go off of, and then maybe in the future I can experiment with tube amps to find a sound I really like.

Feb 5, 2017 at 12:59 PM Post #22 of 25
I know this is an old thread, but I'm having a similar debate with myself. I'm ordering a Mimby in about 10 days and can't decide between a Magni 2 Uber and the Vali 2. I'm wondering if either would be better or different with my setup. I'm open to some tube rolling on the Vali, but only in <$50 range for a tube or two. My headphones are Hifiman 400i and Fidelio X2. My music source is Tidal HiFi from USB on my laptop. I also watch a lot of Blu-rays and streaming video; the source here will be optical from my TV. I'd appreciate any help.

Feb 5, 2017 at 5:00 PM Post #23 of 25
Man, it's been a while since I posted here last time. I've finally found an amp that I like though, and it's actually not from Schiit at all. I sent my Vali back to Schiit hoping the ringing was an issue they could fix, and they shipped it back with no changes and a note saying "Ringing only occurs when unit is moved. 100%". Fine, but it is designed to sit on my desk, and even the vibration from me typing sets it off. So I ordered a Little Dot 1+ (about the same price as a Vali), and it is awesome. No ringing at all, and with a set of $10 tubes my Grados sound freaking fantastic through it. Highly recommend one of these (you can buy them on Amazon for $115 right now) if you're looking at the Vali.

May 21, 2017 at 8:58 PM Post #25 of 25
I bought a Schiit Magni 2 about two months ago and really love it. It just seems to make the music I listen to sound extremely good. I can plug in my headphones with no pops that I get on some of the other amp. The Magni 2 exudes quality in workmanship, craftsmanship, look, feel and great clean sound. I have the Little Dot MKII, Bravo Audio Ocean and they are all slighly different but to me the Magni 2 is my favorite. But, that is the nature of tube amps; they do color the sound somewhat for better or worse. Whether you like it or not is purely personal. Don't mistake what I'm saying; I enjoy the other amps but if I was going somewhere and was limited to taking only one, it would be the Magni 2. It's just some good Schiit....!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back