Schiit Bimby, Schitt Vahalla 2 and Beyerdynamics T1 2nd Gen - Awesome!
Jun 17, 2017 at 3:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

adydula

Headphoneus Supremus
Fathers day brought me a nice new DAC...Schiit's Bifrost Multibit or "Bimby".

I am a die hard Beyer Headphone guy lately and have been looking for a great combination to make my
T1 2nd gen play as best as possible.

I have built many DIY amps looking to that special "one" and some are really great, some are mediocre good
but nothing special, same can be said for my dacs...

The T1's at 600+ ohms need a kick in the pants to sound well, IMO and I have an ODA (AGDR DIY SS) that has
enough emf to make them play well as well as a Bottlehead Crack and Schitt Vahalla 2.

So I wanted to try a multibit ladder dac but read all the stuff techie etc good and bad...but to me seeing is believing..

So its been here for 2 days, three hours listening time...its feeding the Vahalla2 via the 2nd gen USB and a nice new cable from
Schitt as well!! (lol).

The immediate impression is holy cow this is the cats meow!!

I went away for a few hours and listened again late last night...same impression ...spectacular!

This am as I type I am listening to Williams "Star Wars" off a Boulder Cable demo cd.

I am wowed!

This combination with these T1's is better hands down over anything I have heard to date.
All those mushy adjectives apply and I am a pretty objective guy.

The immediate impression that comes to mind is "clarity" things are really crisp, well defined and articulate.
The ability to hear into the recording is absolutely stellar...I am taken aback at how good it is.

When something makes you STOP and just listen..and overrides the desire to keep playing different cuts just to find that
one to make the "stuff" sound great...this is a keeper IMO.

I don't know what magic the Schitt folks have in this box but its well worth the cost...

So heres a stellar setup, $600 dac, $350 and headphones $830...so for $1780 I have found something
that's pretty close to my end game.

All the best
Alex

Oct 18, 2018 at 4:53 PM Post #2 of 2
Just tried a set of EH 6922 gold pins in the V2 and its superlative...wonderful choice of tubes in this amp!!
A $40 improvement if you know where to look!

Alex

Users who are viewing this thread

Back