Review on HtC 10 and Sound quality (AQstic Dedicated Integrated DAC)
Jun 22, 2017 at 4:30 PM Post #1,021 of 1,164
If you want to access the Mojo in 32bit/192khz you will need a compatible app like USB Audio Player Pro or Neutron (not sure if Android 6.0 or 7.0 already natively support High Res audio OTG).
I used Neutron Player - in "Settings" you need to select "Audio Hardware" and "Direct USB Driver" must be turned on. That's how I connected my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 to Mojo in High Res.
Not sure why you would want to connect Mojo to HTC 10 though. HTC 10's sound is great already. Mojo just sounds a little different to my ears. Mojo sounds more exciting, HTC 10 sound is smoother.

Jun 22, 2017 at 6:39 PM Post #1,022 of 1,164
Price was down to €299 (~$333)incl. shipping at Mediamarkt Germany end of May for the HTC 10 gold and red version.
Just to let you know what is possible pricewise. As of now I would'nt know where to get it "cheap" but maybe again in the near future...
Price was down to €299 (~$333)incl. shipping at Mediamarkt Germany end of May for the HTC 10 gold and red version.
Just to let you know what is possible pricewise. As of now I would'nt know where to get it "cheap" but maybe again in the near future...
I am very sad. I bought it 2 weeks ago, paid 480 euros on Amazon Italy and beside not being very happy with the upgrade from the M8 (a much better smartphone in my humble opinion) my wife's grandmother just water it and it stopped working. A completely regret upgrading, especially now that I'm back to the M8 while I get it repaired.

Jun 22, 2017 at 7:23 PM Post #1,023 of 1,164
I am very sad. I bought it 2 weeks ago, paid 480 euros on Amazon Italy and beside not being very happy with the upgrade from the M8 (a much better smartphone in my humble opinion) my wife's grandmother just water it and it stopped working. A completely regret upgrading, especially now that I'm back to the M8 while I get it repaired.

If you were in the U.S. I'd say you could use HTC's Uh-Oh Protection to get a free replacement. But in your case, did you have a warranty? 2 weeks isn't that long, so if you have one it should be covered.

Jun 22, 2017 at 10:02 PM Post #1,024 of 1,164
If you want to access the Mojo in 32bit/192khz you will need a compatible app like USB Audio Player Pro or Neutron (not sure if Android 6.0 or 7.0 already natively support High Res audio OTG).
I used Neutron Player - in "Settings" you need to select "Audio Hardware" and "Direct USB Driver" must be turned on. That's how I connected my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 to Mojo in High Res.
Not sure why you would want to connect Mojo to HTC 10 though. HTC 10's sound is great already. Mojo just sounds a little different to my ears. Mojo sounds more exciting, HTC 10 sound is smoother.
I want to use it as a transport into Mojo then into my home stereo.And yes I have UAPP.I will try connecting again tonight after work.

Jun 23, 2017 at 6:17 AM Post #1,026 of 1,164
If you were in the U.S. I'd say you could use HTC's Uh-Oh Protection to get a free replacement. But in your case, did you have a warranty? 2 weeks isn't that long, so if you have one it should be covered.
I live in Europe so no uh-oh protection. Warranty does not cover water damage.
I'm beginning to believe that the decision to use glass is not that stupid since it protects from water (but is easily breakable so a case is needed). Why can't then make a metal phone which is water resistant? I don't get it...

Cheers

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2017 at 6:43 AM Post #1,027 of 1,164
I live in Europe so no uh-oh protection. Warranty does not cover water damage.
I'm beginning to believe that the decision to use glass is not that stupid since it protects from water (but is easily breakable so a case is needed). Why can't then make a metal phone which is water resistant? I don't get it...

Cheers

My advice.....take a hammer to it Badelhas.....and DON'T even mention the water damage. Is a cracked screen covered by warranty?! LOL :dt880smile:

ALL phone manufacturers should start making phones like that which are made from titanium. No case needed, and I think it's waterproof too?! Not sure.

Jun 23, 2017 at 8:24 AM Post #1,028 of 1,164
I have the m8 at the moment and was thinking about upgrading to 10 (especially because of the claimed better sound). What exactly you think is better in m8?

Jun 23, 2017 at 12:51 PM Post #1,029 of 1,164
You could plug the HTC 10 straight into your stereo. You only need a jack to cinch adapter. The result will be very similar.
Isn't that double amping the signal?

Jun 23, 2017 at 1:15 PM Post #1,030 of 1,164
I have the m8 at the moment and was thinking about upgrading to 10 (especially because of the claimed better sound). What exactly you think is better in m8?

The speakers are better on the M8 b/c they're front-facing stereo, but for headphone audio, the 10 is the CLEAR WINNER (read this CAREFULLY, esp the stuff in bold). And I've owned BOTH phones (still own 10 now), so I know what's up.

I still think the 10's set up is pretty good, but I can't say I agree it's better than the Classic set up.

Jun 23, 2017 at 5:57 PM Post #1,033 of 1,164
My advice.....take a hammer to it Badelhas.....and DON'T even mention the water damage. Is a cracked screen covered by warranty?! LOL :dt880smile:

ALL phone manufacturers should start making phones like that which are made from titanium. No case needed, and I think it's waterproof too?! Not sure.
In case you you don't know there are little papers is several places inside the chassis that change color when in contact with water so they there's no way they wouldn't know that there was water inside of it so they would go: "No warranty for you!"

Jun 23, 2017 at 7:05 PM Post #1,034 of 1,164
In case you you don't know there are little papers is several places inside the chassis that change color when in contact with water so they there's no way they wouldn't know that there was water inside of it so they would go: "No warranty for you!"

I didn't know that. However, the phone IS IP53, which means it's splash-proof. Therefore, a little water inside doesn't mean that was the cause of the phone going bad. BUT, a cracked screen? Yeah, that'll do it. lol

Might as well take your chances. lol

Jun 23, 2017 at 7:06 PM Post #1,035 of 1,164
No. As long as you keep the volume at about half maximum the amplitude of the signal is close to average cinch signal.
Is this cinch adapter your talking about a single 3.5mm into two RCA's?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back