Recommendation for IEM under £200
Apr 29, 2017 at 10:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Chen_JC

New Head-Fier
Hi,

Forgive me for the lack of knowledge, I'm new to these things and still learning.

I'm looking for something that is strong in bass, good soundstage and good clarity, no sibilant if possible.

I tried my friend's IE80, they are strong in bass, but I find it painful to listen when I turn up the volume. I have to turn the volume to a less desirable volume, to prevent piercing treble. I've seen some reviews that mention that it has almost no sibilant. Maybe I'm mistaking something and using the wrong term here?

I've also seen some reviews of the XB90EX, wonder how does that compare to the IE80?

Cheers !

Apr 29, 2017 at 10:50 PM Post #2 of 5
You might look into the RHA T20. It is a very solid IEM at the top of your price range. The company is based in Glasgow. The warranty is 3 yrs, which is awesome. It is not sibilant, but is very detailed with a nice soundstage. You might read about it and see what you think. It could work for you. At a lower price point is the 1More Triple Driver, which is just an excellent all-around IEM that exceeds its price by a good deal. Check it out. Lastly, there is a new 1More called the Quad Driver. I have not heard it as it is very new, but it is getting good reviews. You might read about it, too, and see what you think. It might be worth buying.
Haven't heard the XB90EX, sorry.

Apr 30, 2017 at 9:19 AM Post #3 of 5
You might look into the RHA T20. It is a very solid IEM at the top of your price range. The company is based in Glasgow. The warranty is 3 yrs, which is awesome. It is not sibilant, but is very detailed with a nice soundstage. You might read about it and see what you think. It could work for you. At a lower price point is the 1More Triple Driver, which is just an excellent all-around IEM that exceeds its price by a good deal. Check it out. Lastly, there is a new 1More called the Quad Driver. I have not heard it as it is very new, but it is getting good reviews. You might read about it, too, and see what you think. It might be worth buying.
Haven't heard the XB90EX, sorry.

Thanks for the recommendations !! Will check out those as well ! !

Apr 30, 2017 at 2:07 PM Post #4 of 5
If you like the amount of bass on the ie80, you might be disappointed with the amount of bass on the xb90ex. Ie80 has alott of bass. Sure the xb90ex has deep bass but in terms of quantity, it varies to your taste. Soundstage and clarity is pretty good on xb90ex but vocals tend be slightly peaky and sibilant at times but that only happens if you push the volume too high. I could recommend the vsonic vsd3s and 5s though I dont own them.

Last edited:
May 1, 2017 at 11:35 AM Post #5 of 5
If you like the amount of bass on the ie80, you might be disappointed with the amount of bass on the xb90ex. Ie80 has alott of bass. Sure the xb90ex has deep bass but in terms of quantity, it varies to your taste. Soundstage and clarity is pretty good on xb90ex but vocals tend be slightly peaky and sibilant at times but that only happens if you push the volume too high. I could recommend the vsonic vsd3s and 5s though I dont own them.

Will check them out too, thanks ! !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back