Question-reflection on high-end longevity (Beoplay H6 2 GEN)
Jul 23, 2017 at 3:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Dany91

Head-Fier
Hello. Since in the Prime day I got the marvelous (never heard the music so good, finally a clear and balanced sound for me, after Sennheiser, philips, AT...) Beoplay h6 2gen at 165 Euro, I got some thought to do that I would Ask yourself also.

Basically, spending more money on these products (headphones, but i talk may also be for bluetooth speakers, computers, cell phones, refrigerators) fit in terms of longevity?

I know the "theory" of obsolescence of products such as washing machines and smartphones, but about headphones, talking mainly about the internal components of the drivers, is it worth investing more in the money?

Because I was going to make a positive review for these headphones, but as arguments I wanted to think also for "money" and "investment" for a good longevity of the product, but then I was doubtful that might not be that way.

Is not that after 2 years of high-end headphone warranty "dying" and I stay with nothing in my hand?
In that case it would be very unpleasant.

Of course, no one should trust too much in material things, and there are other important things in life, however, anyway, I have the "claim" to pay more, it also means more longevity of the product (above all, I repeat, internal components, drivers. ..) I

wanted to ask and open a discussion, if you have anything to say, or personal experiences (has this discussion been opened before?)

Ps. Also you can tell me an adapter name or a decent replacement H6 cable for more device compatibility? The only thing I'm sorry about headphones now is that they could make a richer packacing, with more spare cables, travel bag ... etc

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2017 at 3:06 PM Post #2 of 2
Edit: Now that I've done various tests, my ear does not seem to me so much ... By confronting them with the Cleer Du (with Brainwavz velvet pad) I find them more comfortable with a wider soundstage and less lack of medium Lower ... and cost considerably less, with 2 wires more rugged and travel pocket ...

Instead, the Beoplay H6 have high central and superior levels that I like, with a remarkable definition, but have a shortage of lower and middle lower ones (especially the lower ones) ...

After an initial enthusiasm, maybe I'll give it away, but I still have to think better if the Cleer is to be a thing, but more than 60 Euro more, with a thin wire that is not compatible with several devices and no protective bag ... Also depends on what you will answer me, thank you (if you do it ..)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back