QUAD DAC in LG V200 phone?
May 12, 2017 at 3:04 PM Post #2 of 5
V200?

May 14, 2017 at 10:44 AM Post #4 of 5
Its very good running high impedance cans. Love hearing my HD600 on it.
Need to use the music app that comes with it. To get the full capabilities of the internal DAC/Amp that comes with it.

May 14, 2017 at 8:44 PM Post #5 of 5
I own one and love the quality of the sound it produces. I have an IE80, and the Fidelio X2s, and it is a great all-around setup with both headphones, but I wish the power was a little stronger for my X2s.
I love toggling the Quad DAC setting while listening to music to hear the difference.

As people have mentioned before, you get FULL quality from the stock music app, but you notice an appreciable difference in all listening situations.

The X2 is a pretty low impedance headphone (32 ohms I believe), so it doesn't trigger the high impedance mode for the amp, otherwise it would be a pretty strong candidate for a perfect all in one for me.

With the IE80s, the volume can get ear blastingly loud, but never waivers as far a quality standpoint is concerned. I never get any interference or hissing with my IEMs.

I currently have a Shanling UP DAC/AMP that I have paired with the V20, and while the clarity improves ever so slightly, is cannot get nearly as loud as the phone itself.

Coming from the Galaxy line previously (S1-Note 7) I have been extremely pleased by the V20 and have convinced several friends to jump on the bandwagon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back