OUT NOW: Shanling UP - A Hi-Res, MFI-Certified, USB-C, MINI-DAC/AMP with ES9018K2M + MAX97220A
Mar 7, 2017 at 3:56 AM Post #196 of 221
Hello, I'm thinking of buying it ... will I have problems with android 5.0.1 on my lenovo tablet?
I do not know why, but I assume that it will work on nexus 6, but my use would be with the tablet.

thanks

Mar 10, 2017 at 12:31 AM Post #197 of 221
  Hello, I'm thinking of buying it ... will I have problems with android 5.0.1 on my lenovo tablet?
I do not know why, but I assume that it will work on nexus 6, but my use would be with the tablet.

thanks

I think you'd be fine. It works natively for me using any player or any program on Android 5.0.0 on my Galaxy Note 3 through the micro USB connection.

Mar 10, 2017 at 2:21 AM Post #198 of 221

I think you'd be fine. It works natively for me using any player or any program on Android 5.0.0 on my Galaxy Note 3 through the micro USB connection.

hi, thanks for answering MichaelHWinn
I have a Fiio e17k and works well with the Nexus 6 (7.0) Google Play Music 24/96
But with the Lenovo tablet (5.0.1) does not seem to work ... stays in 16/44... although it does recognize plug by usb. 
blink.gif

regards

Mar 17, 2017 at 2:59 PM Post #201 of 221
@Shanling @nmatheis

I'll start by thanking nmatheis for graciously lending me the UP...much appreciated!

I'm having a bit of trouble getting the UP working on my (aging) HP Pavilion 23 running windows 10.

The positive was, I plugged right into my Samsung S7 and it worked perfectly...drove the HD600 half way decently...not bad!!

Having a little trouble getting the driver onto my computer though...keep getting an error launching the installer.

I first plugged it into the computer and it looked like it was trying to download, but nothing happened.

Opened my devices to troubleshoot...no driver found.

downloaded from Shanling, but can't launch the installer.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Thanks!!

Mar 17, 2017 at 6:08 PM Post #202 of 221
Well I had an old download for the driver for my Shanling M2, which opened the Shanling Audio Control Panel and this solved the issue. If anyone is having trouble with the download, maybe try one of the other drivers, it might solve the problem.

This thing sounds really good!

Review forthcoming, I think...

Mar 30, 2017 at 6:24 AM Post #204 of 221
It seems like iOS 10.3 does not work with the Shanling UP.
Couple of minutes into playtime, audio will stop and an error saying "This accessory is not supported by this iPhone." will appear.

Mar 30, 2017 at 11:59 AM Post #205 of 221
Ya that's a big deal. I remember reading how usb host function wasn't working correctly in the 10.3 beta. I figured it would have been fixed before it went live. I'm staying on 10.2 for now.

Mar 31, 2017 at 5:51 PM Post #209 of 221
Based on our testing for iOS 10.3 beta, Apple has cut off support for USB OTG, which means most usb based DAC solutions may no longer be useable on Apple products once the formal update is rolled out.

As Accessport and Capri is LAM based and MFI certified, we will not be affected by this change.

Most hacked lightning audio solutions, such lightning earphones and earphone cables may also be affected. Do avoid purchasing non-MFI certified lightning audio products at all cost.

This was from the AAW Capri lightning cable thread.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/828414/aaw-capri-balanced-lightning-audio-cable-with-type-c-variant/30#post_13351358

Mar 31, 2017 at 9:21 PM Post #210 of 221

Users who are viewing this thread

Back