Open back headphones for music production recomendation.
Feb 13, 2017 at 8:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 91

wariwaro

New Head-Fier
Hello, Im searching some open-backed headphones for music production,
The budget is under 150€ / $160 
They can be also semi-open cans.

Im going to pair them with an Audio Interface, and would be great to hear also some recommendations about this ( around 100€ /  $110).

Thank you!

Feb 13, 2017 at 3:51 PM Post #2 of 91
  Hello, Im searching some open headphones for music production,
The budget is under 150€ / $160 
They can be also semi-open cans.

Im going to pair them with an Audio Interface, and would be great to hear also some recommendations about this ( around 100€ /  $110).

Thank you!

Open:  Senn HD598, Philips SHP9500
Closed:  AKG K550, SoundMAGIC HP150

Are you looking for a dac/amp, or an interface?

Feb 13, 2017 at 9:24 PM Post #5 of 91
Emu 0404 USB is very good.

Feb 14, 2017 at 12:56 PM Post #6 of 91
Thanks for the advice.
Are those headphones comfortables while using glasses?

Can I have any other recommendation about open headphones please?

Im going to use the audio interface for recording a guitar, a microphone, and a midi piano, but I dont know if with the interface Im going to to get better audio for the headphones than just using my motherboard or if the audio interface is going to change only the latency.
If I wouldnt use stuff for recording, what should I buy for getting a better sound (What other options do I have)?
Thanks again!

Feb 15, 2017 at 3:44 PM Post #8 of 91
  Do you know if this open headphones are comfortable with glasses?
Does this Audio Interface gives better audio with headphones or just less latency?

Yes, the SHP9500 and the HD598 are both quite comfortable. Anyone who wears glasses is always going to have the potential for discomfort due to the earpiece being compressed by the cup of the headphone. That said, the Philips and The Sennheiser are two of the more comfortable headphones out there. I wear glasses and I wear my 598 for extended listening sessions with no issues regularly. Shouldn't be a problem.

Feb 15, 2017 at 3:51 PM Post #9 of 91
  Yes, the SHP9500 and the HD598 are both quite comfortable. Anyone who wears glasses is always going to have the potential for discomfort due to the earpiece being compressed by the cup of the headphone. That said, the Philips and The Sennheiser are two of the more comfortable headphones out there. I wear glasses and I wear my 598 for extended listening sessions with no issues regularly. Shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks I´ll try them!

Mar 15, 2017 at 3:33 PM Post #10 of 91
I havent been able to go to a shop to try the Senn HD 598 yet, neither the SHP9500, but I'm also considering these open-back cans:

Akg K612 Pro
Beyerdynamic DT 880
Beyerdynamic DT 990

Pioneer SE-A1000

Also these ones, but I havent found enough information to make a desition:

SOMIC MH463
Status Audio OB-1
Fostex's TH-5BB 
Fostex’s TH-7BB

Any suggestion about these headphones or any other?

Thank you! 

Mar 15, 2017 at 3:42 PM Post #11 of 91
  I havent been able to go to a shop to try the Senn HD 598 yet, neither the SHP9500, but I'm also considering these open-back cans:

Akg K612 Pro
Beyerdynamic DT 880
Beyerdynamic DT 990

Pioneer SE-A1000

Also these ones, but I havent found enough information to make a desition:

SOMIC MH463
Status Audio OB-1
Fostex's TH-5BB 
Fostex’s TH-7BB

Any suggestion about these headphones or any other?

Thank you! 

It looks like you expanded your budget. What is the budget now?

Mar 15, 2017 at 4:43 PM Post #12 of 91
My budget is 200 euros for headphones and an amplifier if needed, if I could find headphones that doesnt need an amp, I could spend the total ammount on the cans.

Im considering also the option of buying an audio interface in the future for recording a midi piano and a microphone.
In case of needing an amp, would be great to know how should I connect it to the audio interface.

Thanks!

Mar 15, 2017 at 5:46 PM Post #15 of 91
Even better than senn HD598?  Im looking for a flat frequency response headphones.

So my best option could be buying the Akg K612 Pro and an amp or is there any other suggestion?
If your looking for a neutral headphone you might save up and get the HD-600's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back