OOMO 3D Immersive Earphones
Jul 23, 2017 at 11:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

jdog

1000+ Head-Fier
Okay, I fell for another Indiegogo campaign.... But this one appears to really have a perk that should be ready soon for backers. The campaign is for the OOMO 3D Immersive Earbuds, and here is a link to the campaign for anyone who may be interested: https://goo.gl/U8CFCx. A reviewer from Forbes magazine has given these earphones a very positive review, so they might be worth checking out. Are they audiophile quality? I don't know. Do they represent a fad product that may end up in a side drawer within a week? I don't know. Do they really present music in "3D"? I don't know. Will they improve the sound quality of your music source? I don't know. I guess we'll find out in time.... But the organizer of the campaign has promised to donate part of the campaign profits to institutions that benefit hearing impaired people, and this helped with my decision to back the campaign. For the price of $59 (which includes shipping in the US), I felt this campaign was worth a shot... After all, aren't niche products an important part of our hobby?

Here is a link to the review in Forbes magazine: https://www.forbes.com/sites/marksp...vie-theatre-sound-quality-at-a-bargain-price/

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2017 at 6:28 PM Post #2 of 2
Just a follow-up on these earphones... The Indiegogo campaign is now closed. Clearly the sponsor (Mr. Ramzan) was not able to sell as many perks as he hoped, but he has told me the earphones will be delivered to him in the next few days and he will then send them out to the individual backers.... I am really looking forward to receiving these earphones within the next 1-2 weeks and I'll be sure to leave some impressions here after I have had a chance to try them out... I realize that Indiegogo campaigns by a number of companies (LH Labs, Cyberdrive, and Echobox) have soured many people on IGG campaigns, and I can certainly understand why... I do think this is one campaign that will actually deliver in a reasonable time, and I will post here once I receive my earphones... I hope they are as interesting as the Forbes magazine article claims they are....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back