Need help with noises of all sort :)
Jun 9, 2017 at 10:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

ScareDe2

500+ Head-Fier
Hi,

So here I have a question relative to this: when everything is shut down and disconnected, I plug my amplifier schiit lyr 2 to the power outlet I power it and I crank the volume to the maximum (with my headphones). Dead silent, even with the RCA cable (if I move that RCA cable close to a powered device it starts making noise, but not a concern, every devices is off and unplugged except the Schiit lyr 2 for now). Now is the part that doesn't make sens to me, my Bifrost DAC is powered off and unplugged, I connect the RCA cable in it (schiit lyr 2 to Bifrost), remember that my schiit lyr 2 is on at max volume and high output, I start hearing a low nolse. The Bifrost is not close to any other devices and it's not even plugged or powered on, even the power cable is disconnected! I mean, how can it produce a noise?? Further on, when I plug the DAC to my computer with the usb cable, that noise is slightly increased, even though the computer is powered off and unplugged.

...And that same noise will persist. I plug and power everything, I start getting additional noises, first something probably like a hard drive noise, then the OS starts (windows 10) and it's like every internal parts of my PC is screaming. I have tried the schiit Wyrd and it has help tremendously, I can't go without it, but the first hum is still present, and I still get an aditionnal noise when the PC start especially when the OS is loading. I want to get rid of all noises. Can you please help me understand and suggest me what to do. Thanks very much. Any help will be appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back