Need help finding affordable DAC/AMP combo for DT 990 pro
Jun 21, 2017 at 10:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

TonninMonni

New Head-Fier
Hi, I'm looking for dac/amp combo for DT 990 pro 250 ohm headphones. Before i had Sennheiser's hd 599 headphones, but after i was able to try the dt 990's i decided to return the sennheiser's. So I'm looking for dac/amp combo for about 100 euros. I live in Finland but can order places like amazon.de ect.
Thanks for help in advance!

Jun 21, 2017 at 3:04 PM Post #2 of 4
It may be challenging to find an amp and a DAC that will properly drive and control the DT990 250 ohm at the 100 euro price point. You might consider getting an amp like a Magni 2 (schiit.eu.com) first and then purchasing your DAC a bit later. Doing something like this will leave you with adequate power out of your amplifier, which may improve your listening experience.

Jun 21, 2017 at 6:43 PM Post #3 of 4
Hi, I'm looking for dac/amp combo for DT 990 pro 250 ohm headphones. Before i had Sennheiser's hd 599 headphones, but after i was able to try the dt 990's i decided to return the sennheiser's. So I'm looking for dac/amp combo for about 100 euros. I live in Finland but can order places like amazon.de ect.
Thanks for help in advance!

I agree with the above. You are better off saving a little and obtaining either an o2 odac, or going for the famed schiit stack. :)

Jun 23, 2017 at 4:21 AM Post #4 of 4
It may be challenging to find an amp and a DAC that will properly drive and control the DT990 250 ohm at the 100 euro price point. You might consider getting an amp like a Magni 2 (schiit.eu.com) first and then purchasing your DAC a bit later. Doing something like this will leave you with adequate power out of your amplifier, which may improve your listening experience.

I agree with the above. You are better off saving a little and obtaining either an o2 odac, or going for the famed schiit stack. :)

Well then Magni 2 it is! Thanks for the help guys! EDIT: One more question, do i need to get some kind of a cable to connect magni to my pc, or does magni 2 include one?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back