Meze 99 Classics Custom 10-Band EQ
Jun 16, 2017 at 1:03 PM Post #2 of 4
@RockStar2005 Meze is suppose to be releasing the medium earpads to be available from their website. These would put them with the original measurements from innerfidelity of which you probably would not need to eq. Personally, I am going to snag some of those earpads when they become available.

Jun 16, 2017 at 1:20 PM Post #3 of 4
@RockStar2005 Meze is suppose to be releasing the medium earpads to be available from their website. These would put them with the original measurements from innerfidelity of which you probably would not need to eq. Personally, I am going to snag some of those earpads when they become available.

Hey 007,

Thanks for responding!

I got the newer 99s with the enlarged earpads. Are those the medium ones or were the original ones medium??

I like these new enlarged ones, and I'm sure I would not like anything smaller than them.

I wish I could say these headphones don't need a special EQ, but again, a friend on here custom EQ'd my K551s on Poweramp and now they went from great to INCREDIBLE. The Meze 99s to me are the better headphone in terms of design and fit/seal (oval-shaped ear cups ftw!), but sound-wise they sound "lacking" to me vs. my K551s. But I believe with the right EQ they can very likely outdo my K551s. My friend on here can do a custom EQ for the 99s (he's listened to them before and suggested they are better than the K551s), but he needs the info off Golden Ears' site to do it, but those lazy bums haven't done an FR yet on the 99s, so he can only do a "rough one" at best. But I want a GOOD one to really make the 99s shine. Or else I will be returning them, which I DON'T want to do, but will have no choice unless someone on here can help me. I even reached out to Meze, but I doubt they will reply with what I need.

IF you can give me a solid 10-Band EQ, preferably based on the larger earpads, I'd EXTREMELY appreciate it 007. But if not, that's fine too. I LOVE my K551s, so if I was to stick with them, that would be more than fine with me too.

Update: I just found this FR comparison chart b/t the old and new pads. Can this help?! (Obviously I'd want one for the new 99s ear pads)

Last edited:
Jul 8, 2017 at 3:32 AM Post #4 of 4

Users who are viewing this thread

Back