Melodious MX-U8 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip
Apr 16, 2016 at 3:01 PM Post #631 of 658

I'm also using the U12 with 2.26 drivers. I don't even know where I got it. I don't have a disc driver for my PC, so I have to rely on the interwebs. Anyway, @prot, let me know what you end up using. I'm considering returning my U12 if there is no driver support for it or find one that I can easily install and be done with. The DDC rabbit hole is too technical and progressive for this lazy sack :).

I finally got some time to install driver 3.20 from here.
Haven't used my gustard in a long time and cannot really compare .. seems to sound same as the 2.26 I had before ... i.e. good :).  Stable too, install took 2 mins and everything works fine

Apr 16, 2016 at 3:04 PM Post #632 of 658
I finally got some time to install driver 3.20 from here.
Haven't used my gustard in a long time and cannot really compare .. seems to sound same as the 2.26 I had before ... i.e. good :).  Stable too, install took 2 mins and everything works fine

Stable for me, too. Also, I tried my system without the U12 and I can actually tell there was a little bit more harshness in the highs. The U12 smoothes everything out. It's subtle but for the first time, I could actually tell. I guess sometimes you don't know what you have until it's gone. Thanks again for your guidance.

Feb 10, 2017 at 5:48 PM Post #633 of 658
is the stock external power supply of the breeze du-u8 good enough to do the job. as it has a talema transformer internally and lps internally i guess there is no need to worry about the power supply external. especially as im on a tight budget any added cost for external supply is a bit much.

Feb 10, 2017 at 6:07 PM Post #634 of 658
is the stock external power supply of the breeze du-u8 good enough to do the job. as it has a talema transformer internally and lps internally i guess there is no need to worry about the power supply external. especially as im on a tight budget any added cost for external supply is a bit much.

The stock breeze with talema is very very good. If you use it with a usb isolator, it is even better. Then you can put Crystek oscillators in it and it gets better still. It is a very good ddc. Nice balanced sound. For the money, very hard to beat!

Feb 10, 2017 at 6:14 PM Post #635 of 658
is a usb isolator essential to improve SQ? i have not the knowledge to put oscillators in such a device!! can i take your advice and rest assured the stock breeze with talema and stock external power supply is very very good as you say. i am new to this and on a very steep learning curve and needing reassurance before i make purchases. out of interest what settings show up on my mac when the breeze is connected. many thanks

Feb 10, 2017 at 6:23 PM Post #636 of 658
is a usb isolator essential to improve SQ? i have not the knowledge to put oscillators in such a device!! can i take your advice and rest assured the stock breeze with talema and stock external power supply is very very good as you say. i am new to this and on a very steep learning curve and needing reassurance before i make purchases. out of interest what settings show up on my mac when the breeze is connected. many thanks

I have a high-end setup. With a mid-fi setup, the Breeze is more than enough. Great buy.

Feb 10, 2017 at 6:23 PM Post #637 of 658
Many Thanks Fred great advice

Feb 11, 2017 at 6:56 AM Post #638 of 658
Singxer F-1 could be a great investment too:

https://world.taobao.com/search/search.htm?_ksTS=1486813892559_28&spm=a21bp.7806943.20151106.1&json=on&suggest_query=singxer&cna=zEGZD2vwiSMCAVQaJtI1htGr&wq=singxer&suggest=0_2&_input_charset=utf-8&source=suggest&navigator=all&q=singxer%20f-1&callback=__jsonp_cb&abtest=_AB-LR517-LR854-LR895-PR517-PR854-PR895

May 23, 2017 at 4:58 PM Post #639 of 658
I have an original MX-U8 from about 2015. I purchased it from Shenzhenaudio. They are lovely people, but can't seem to understand anything I ask in English well enough to help me. I have an old driver 1.9 and I need a direct link to a newer driver if one exists. At first they sent me to Mandarin only web pages and finally when they did send me drivers the archives were empty when uncompressed and no matter how many times I tried to explain they just sent the same file over and over again. If anybody can send me a link to a driver or send me one directly via private message I would be really in your debt. Thanks.

May 23, 2017 at 5:40 PM Post #640 of 658
Try this location: https://download.shenzhenaudio.com/Smsl/

I have an original MX-U8 from about 2015. I purchased it from Shenzhenaudio. They are lovely people, but can't seem to understand anything I ask in English well enough to help me. I have an old driver 1.9 and I need a direct link to a newer driver if one exists. At first they sent me to Mandarin only web pages and finally when they did send me drivers the archives were empty when uncompressed and no matter how many times I tried to explain they just sent the same file over and over again. If anybody can send me a link to a driver or send me one directly via private message I would be really in your debt. Thanks.

May 23, 2017 at 11:49 PM Post #641 of 658
May 24, 2017 at 1:14 AM Post #642 of 658
The file "SMSL DRIVER NOTES.txt" on that web page says:

To easily understand and install right driver for S.M.S.L DAC from many models,
We classify USB driver by chip used (Mac OS needn't to install driver,but Microsoft system needs).
Drivers listed as below:
CM6631A:frowning2:Including Models of Sanskrit 6 / V2 / M6 / MAGIC)
CM6632A:frowning2:Including Models of Sanskrit PRO / Sanskrit PRO-B / T1 / A6)
XMOS U8:frowning2:Including models of X-usb / M8)
XMOS xCore200:frowning2:Including models of idea / M1 / M7 / M9 / M10 / M11 / A8)

Hence, I guess you can try "XMOS(U8).exe" posted there

Thanks mate, any idea which link is the one I want? Certainly not the DSD file, maybe the second from the bottom? Appreciate the help.

May 24, 2017 at 3:44 AM Post #643 of 658
Sonic Defender,

Send me your email address, I have version 2.19 and 3.0, but not sure if 3.0 works.
Can't test since I don't own any usb ddc's anymore.

Regards,
Alex

May 24, 2017 at 3:04 PM Post #644 of 658
May 24, 2017 at 5:08 PM Post #645 of 658

Users who are viewing this thread

Back