MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd Post*
Jun 7, 2017 at 12:36 AM Post #2,836 of 3,265
Anyone use a Cayin N3 with the P1? I'm surprised that it takes high gain and 85+ volume to get it loud and was wondering if other people see similar behavior. I'm also surprised the N3 with the P1 sounds better than my Schiit Fulla.

Jun 7, 2017 at 9:30 AM Post #2,837 of 3,265
Wow, they really are fast! They just emailed me saying they are mailing out replacement wax guard screens. They didn't really answer all my questions unfortunately but I guess installing a new one should be good enough? I'm concerned about having the other screen inside the housing - anyone have thoughts on whether this will impact the sound quality? It seems like it could potentially vibrate or something, although I don't notice anything unusual about the sound with it currently. It may be that it was never installed, or fell out and isn't actually inside the housing.

It depends on if it's actually in there or if it got knocked outwards before shipping. Shake it a little and if there's nothing rattling around I think you're safe. AFAIK there isn't enough space inside the housing for the wax guard to be chilling.

Jun 7, 2017 at 3:27 PM Post #2,838 of 3,265
I think I can see the screen inside it pressed against the side, it looks I should be able to pry it out of there. I'm going to hold off until the new screen arrives from MEE. Thanks for the help everyone! So far I'm having a rough time with my new gear, besides this issue with the P1 my new Cayin N3 was defective too. It's pretty disappointing paying hundreds of dollars on equipment and having it all show up with issues.

Jun 10, 2017 at 11:12 PM Post #2,839 of 3,265
I got these IEM's a few days ago and I'm very impressed, especially for the price. They seem to be driven nicely off my FiiO X1-II as well as my LG G6 (HiFi DAC model), even when compared to my Schiit Magni 2U.

Jun 13, 2017 at 12:21 AM Post #2,840 of 3,265
IMG_20170605_132013.jpg

Jun 13, 2017 at 5:14 AM Post #2,841 of 3,265
Are these worth an upgrade from a RHA MA750i? How do they compare??

They are an incremental upgrade over the ma750's. Main differences are:
- p1 has a bit faster bass, but less sub bass
- ma750 extend more easy on the low end
- p1 are slightly more detailed than ma750's
- p1 mids are a tad more foward than ma750's. the ma750's are more v shaped than the p1's
- p1 soundstage is both a tad wider and deeper

And, as many have already noted, the P1's really need some extra juice to really appreciate the sound they produce. I use my ma750's with my phone from time to time (s7 edge, oneplus 3, lg v20, s8, yes i'm a phone nut), but I almost never plug my p1's into my phone, thought the v20 drives them well.

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2017 at 2:48 PM Post #2,842 of 3,265
And, as many have already noted, the P1's really need some extra juice to really appreciate the sound they produce. I use my ma750's with my phone from time to time (s7 edge, oneplus 3, lg v20, s8, yes i'm a phone nut), but I almost never plug my p1's into my phone, thought the v20 drives them well.

Not sure I agree with this. There isn't nearly the difference between straight out of a phone vs the Mojo as there is with, say, the 1More Quad. The P1 just sounds like the P1 regardless, although it can't be driven as well out of a phone. The P1 seems far less dependent upon extra power.

Jun 13, 2017 at 6:57 PM Post #2,843 of 3,265
Not sure I agree with this. There isn't nearly the difference between straight out of a phone vs the Mojo as there is with, say, the 1More Quad. The P1 just sounds like the P1 regardless, although it can't be driven as well out of a phone. The P1 seems far less dependent upon extra power.

Yeah I think people often forget that when they go from (for example) a phone to a DAP, or external DAC/AMP, they aren't just changing the amount of power available to the P1, but all of the other audio components that are changed as well have a far greater influence in how the P1 (or any headphones/IEMs) will sound. My S7 can get the P1 equally as loud as my iDSD BL (at my preferred volume level, of course), which to me says that the P1 is getting the same amount of power from both the S7 and iDSD......but of course the P1 sounds better through the iDSD due to all the other hardware differences

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2017 at 8:38 PM Post #2,844 of 3,265
Yeah I think people often forget that when they go from (for example) a phone to a DAP, or external DAC/AMP, they aren't just changing the amount of power available to the P1, but all of the other audio components that are changed as well have a far greater influence in how the P1 (or any headphones/IEMs) will sound. My S7 can get the P1 equally as loud as my iDSD BL (at my preferred volume level, of course), which to me says that the P1 is getting the same amount of power from both the S7 and iDSD......but of course the P1 sounds better through the iDSD due to all the other hardware differences

Man, how great are the P1's through the Black Label! I love that pairing so much! But, not because of the 4W of power on tap. Quality of components, sure, but for me, it's the bass boost that really makes the P1 and BL combo ideal. Synergy between gear and complementary coloration can often be more important than specs.

Jun 14, 2017 at 2:24 AM Post #2,845 of 3,265

Actually I misspoke. You are correct in that the P1 does not technically sound better with more power. They are just harder to drive than my other earphones, and as such, the P1's are frequently used with a dac/amp.

Jun 14, 2017 at 9:31 AM Post #2,846 of 3,265
Actually I misspoke. You are correct in that the P1 does not technically sound better with more power. They are just harder to drive than my other earphones, and as such, the P1's are frequently used with a dac/amp.

For sure. They're a little tricky to drive which might turn some off, but given some juice they absolutely do sound amazing. I (personally) find myself sticking with the 1More Quad because I like its signature better, but I think $200 is all you need for IEMs these days, and whether you prefer neutral or lively there's something that will be perfect.

Mentioned it before, but P1 + Spinfit = the most comfortable and easy to wear IEM I've tried so far.

Jun 15, 2017 at 12:56 AM Post #2,847 of 3,265
Hey all

Does anyone know how these compare to the Titan 3s? The Titans are a bit cheaper which is a plus for me.
Also, are the titans using standard MMCX like the Pinnacles (as in you could use Pinnacle cables on Titan and vice versa)? I have the DN-2002 and it has a little extra bit on entry into the MMCX connection (locking mechanism). As great as it is, I find it difficult sourcing alternative cables.

(Anyone who knows anything about wiring? I have a cable that doesn't fit but I can get ends that will fit the 2002, just need to know which wire goes where. Send a pm if you can advise me.)

Jun 16, 2017 at 3:48 PM Post #2,848 of 3,265
I have been scouring this site for the last few weeks for any information on the pinnacle p1's. I am seriously considering these iem's and I just don't know if there is anything that competes in terms of price/performance, especially now after they've been out for a while. Price limit is 200 and I will be using these with my ibasso dx80. Other iem's that I have and like are ath-im70 (a little too dark up top), kz zst (really like the sound signature of these), kz ate (not nearly as good as the zst's imo), monk ve + (good sound but virtually no sub bass and somewhat uncomfortable). Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. The bundle I'm looking at on Amazon includes the P1's and a fiio A3 amp for $200. Thanks!

Jun 16, 2017 at 4:04 PM Post #2,849 of 3,265
I have been scouring this site for the last few weeks for any information on the pinnacle p1's. I am seriously considering these iem's and I just don't know if there is anything that competes in terms of price/performance, especially now after they've been out for a while. Price limit is 200 and I will be using these with my ibasso dx80. Other iem's that I have and like are ath-im70 (a little too dark up top), kz zst (really like the sound signature of these), kz ate (not nearly as good as the zst's imo), monk ve + (good sound but virtually no sub bass and somewhat uncomfortable). Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. The bundle I'm looking at on Amazon includes the P1's and a fiio A3 amp for $200. Thanks!

Haven't personally tried them yet, but the 1MORE quad gets some really good reviews too. Altough, I will say that I'm fortunate enough to regularly review higher end items such as the ProPhile 8, StageDiver 4, Mentor V2, DK-3001, etc...and the P1 continues to impress me with how much performance it offers for the price

Jun 16, 2017 at 6:19 PM Post #2,850 of 3,265
Haven't personally tried them yet, but the 1MORE quad gets some really good reviews too. Altough, I will say that I'm fortunate enough to regularly review higher end items such as the ProPhile 8, StageDiver 4, Mentor V2, DK-3001, etc...and the P1 continues to impress me with how much performance it offers for the price

Yea I was looking at the 1more quad drivers, but I wanted to get a good pair of single driver iem's to add to my collection. I would love a pair of TOTL multi driver iem's but man those things are pricey, and I don't know if I could truly appreciate them knowing how much I spent.

Thank you for the response, I'm that much closer to pulling the trigger on them.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back