Wired and exciting sports IEMs - 300 USD
May 25, 2017 at 8:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Tacanacy

100+ Head-Fier
I currently use Jaybird X2 and I can't stand them anymore as they sound flat and immensely boring to listen with.
I want fast, tight and punchy bass and the vocals presented alongside the bass, not recessed. I'm not sure how much bass I want, only that it doesn't overpower the mids. I'm not sensitive to treble.
I listen to hard rock, pop and a vast variety of electronic.
I use Tidal at high quality and Oppo HA-2 as my sources.
An in-line volume control is a priority. Being able to also skip songs is a huge plus.

Headphones like Sennheiser PMX60-II are an acceptable size, but they can't be open.

Last edited by a moderator:
May 25, 2017 at 8:48 PM Post #6 of 7
Check out the Senn OCX 686G Sport, Decibullz Contours, and the AT ATH CKP500 are decent options with pretty solid sound and fit. You might read about them and see what you think. Maybe one will work for you.

May 26, 2017 at 8:15 AM Post #7 of 7
If you find the Jaybird's boring and considering your budget, the Westone Alpha is a pretty nice choice. They've got a great magnesium build, small housings and are water/sweat resistant. They have a removable cable with 3-button remote though the fabric needs regular cleaning. I run with my earphones so an over-ear fit, great isolation and remote are necessities to me, the Alpha has been the best earphone I've tried specifically designed for sports. The Audio Technica, Sony and Klipsch sports earphones are all pretty terrible for their asking prices, though the Sony's are decent for $40.

The Westones are quite dark and bassy, but they're well suited for noisy environments such as running along the highway, working out in the gym, etc. Plus I trust Westone know what they're doing with their tuning, they build each earphone for a specific purpose so the only reason people don't like their earphones is because they buy the wrong one...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back