Looking for headphones over-ear
Jul 19, 2017 at 4:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Siwy001

New Head-Fier
Im looking for over-ear headphones for around 80$. I will use them for PC. My sound source is Realtek ALC-892 (mobo MSI B150M mortar). I will use them for music ( Pop, rock, hiphop/rap, disco, electronic etc. ), games, movies. Its hard to describe what im looking for in terms of sound. Just clear, high quality sound ( for this price ). They need to be comfortable while wearing glasses. Some people recommended me ISK HD9999 and Bosshifi B8. What do you think ?

Jul 19, 2017 at 5:14 PM Post #4 of 9
Im looking for over-ear headphones for around 80$. I will use them for PC. My sound source is Realtek ALC-892 (mobo MSI B150M mortar). I will use them for music ( Pop, rock, hiphop/rap, disco, electronic etc. ), games, movies. Its hard to describe what im looking for in terms of sound. Just clear, high quality sound ( for this price ). They need to be comfortable while wearing glasses. Some people recommended me ISK HD9999 and Bosshifi B8. What do you think ?

Bosshifi B8 isn't open. The B7 are semi open though. Open headphones help with soundstage. Soundstage is 3d directional sound with distance. If you play games this makes a nice difference.

The ISK HD9999 are like the SuperLux 681 EVO but with a port for a detachable cable. The Bosshifi has much better build quality. I wouldn't go with those ISK cans at all when comparing those.

The problem with the bosshifi is that you pay twice as much for them to get them shipped sooner and not from China. Well same goes for the ISK branded cans as well. I will throw out this alternative if you rather have something sooner than later.

https://www.head-fi.org/f/threads/h...ack-headphone-selection.855816/#post-13610091

That is my post from a previous thread. You can't go wrong with that as a gaming setup.

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2017 at 5:36 PM Post #5 of 9
If you are looking at closed you should look at an M40x, which may be slightly over budget but not by a lot. If going to $100 is not an option, you could look at an M30x, which is not as good as the M40x but is still a good closed headphone and is around $70 on amazon today. Another option could be the Takstar Pro 82, which is also worth looking into in this price range.

Jul 19, 2017 at 5:44 PM Post #6 of 9
If you are looking at closed you should look at an M40x, which may be slightly over budget but not by a lot. If going to $100 is not an option, you could look at an M30x, which is not as good as the M40x but is still a good closed headphone and is around $70 on amazon today. Another option could be the Takstar Pro 82, which is also worth looking into in this price range.

If you really want something on the cheap as closed and delivered soon, search for LyxPro HAS 30 on ebay. These are knock offs of the m50x and come pretty darn close. $46 shipped for a decent pair of closed cans + hard case is hard to beat. I own the same ones and they are pretty darn close to an m50x I compared them to. Not exact, but hard to tell the difference in a blind test.

Jul 19, 2017 at 6:07 PM Post #7 of 9
Not everyone will agree with this, but I actually prefer the M40x to the M50x (I have both) as it is more neutral IMO. Maybe there is a LyxPro M40x knock-off as well. I do not know anything about that manufacturer.

Jul 19, 2017 at 6:20 PM Post #8 of 9
Not everyone will agree with this, but I actually prefer the M40x to the M50x (I have both) as it is more neutral IMO. Maybe there is a LyxPro M40x knock-off as well. I do not know anything about that manufacturer.

Many agree to it. The LyxPro HAS 30 sounds more like the m40x than the m50x... It's like in between really though. It does have the bigger bass like the m50x, but not the 2K spike. It isn't flat at 2K like the m40x is. It seems flatter on the highes as well than either, so a bit of rolloff there. But I find that pleasant really.

Someone else on these boards has a good review of them.

https://www.head-fi.org/f/showcase/...or-recording-mixing-dj-music-listening.21291/

Since they are like the Audio Technicas, they copied the same stupid cord locking mechanism though. Which means you can use the provided cords, or do the mod to remove the lock, OR do what I do and just use a cord which a very thing and long plug connector.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back