LG G6 Sound Quality
Jan 24, 2017 at 2:53 AM Post #2 of 453
I've been searching and right now there's no leak about any special HIFI DAC... 

I hope LG releases globally the LG V20S or V34 or whatever they call it, I mean the smaller V20 that is available in Japan only.

Feb 10, 2017 at 1:15 PM Post #3 of 453
Guys , I am new to the forum (as in really engaging in it / been following all of your stuff for 4 years , just lazy to make an account to reply ) .

According to a source
" http://semiaccurate.com/2017/02/10/lg-good-reason-use-snapdragon-821-g6/ "

It got the V20 Quad DAC built in .
Unfortunately it's for " selected markets "

LG G6 will come with S821 , IP67/68 Rating .

Feb 13, 2017 at 1:12 PM Post #4 of 453
Good news! Turns out the G6 will be getting an upgraded version of the V20's quad DAC. :)

http://social.lge.co.kr/newsroom/mc/lg_g6_dac_0213/

Google Translation:

■ Equipped with new quad DAC of ESS
□ Upgraded quad DAC which is the first in the world to the LG V20 
■ Provides a sense of depth that wraps the space with excellent sound balance
□ Adjusts sound accurately by controlling each earphone left and right 
■ Eliminates noise and delivers vivid impression
□ Distortion rate is lowered to 0.0002% of luxury audio level 
□ Broadening the path for transmitting sound signals and delivering high-capacity sound sources quickly and 
accurately ■ Managing Director Lee Sang-gyu of LG Electronics Korea Mobile Group, "Delivering new value to consumers with the best smartphone sound that"

LG Electronics will upgrade its next-generation premium smartphone 'LG G6' with a quad DAC (Digital-to-Analog Converter). The new Quad DAC is supplied by ESS, a company specializing in high-performance audio chipsets.

The new quad DAC features fine control of left and right sound, enhancing sound balance and reducing noise.

The DAC is a device that converts digital sound signals consisting of 0 and 1 into analog sound signals that can be heard by humans. The better the performance, the more the sound distortion and noise are reduced more effectively, thus realizing clean sound quality. The quad DACs implement four DACs on a single chip, reducing the size by a factor of four and noise by up to 50% when using one DAC.

LG Electronics plans to launch the LG V20, which has the world's first quad DAC built in last year, and will continue to lead the luxury smartphone sound market with the LG G6.

■ Exceptional sound balance provides a sense of depth

The new quad DAC applied to the 'LG G6' effectively controls the left and right earphones separately to control the left and right earphones separately. Also, by adjusting the balance of sound, listeners can feel the stereoscopic feeling of listening to music directly at the concert scene.

■ Get rid of noise and deliver vivid impression

The LG G6 eliminates noise from loud as well as loud sounds, providing crisp, clean sound.

The new Quad DACs have increased circuit integration, lowering the negative distortion to 0.0002% of the luxury audio level and minimizing the loss of acoustic information. As the loss of information is less, the listener can hear a clean sound close to the original sound.

The path for transmitting sound signals inside the chip has also been widened. The ability to process large, high-quality sound sources quickly and accurately allows listeners to enjoy high-volume 32-bit hi-fi sources without interruption.

Lee Sang-gyu, managing director of Korea Mobile Group at LG Electronics, said, "We will deliver new value to consumers with the best smartphone sound we have not experienced before."

Feb 13, 2017 at 7:43 PM Post #5 of 453
This is great news. Unfortunately it seems the g6 will be using the 821 as opposed to the new 835 chip that will be in the gs8.

If it had the same chip, it would be a no brained to go with the g6.

Galaxy audio is so poor in the us, however, a trade off for lower power may be worth it. I'm curious If the g6 will be powerful enough to support day dream vr

Feb 14, 2017 at 3:02 AM Post #6 of 453
This is great news. Unfortunately it seems the g6 will be using the 821 as opposed to the new 835 chip that will be in the gs8.

If it had the same chip, it would be a no brained to go with the g6.

Galaxy audio is so poor in the us, however, a trade off for lower power may be worth it. I'm curious If the g6 will be powerful enough to support day dream vr

The Google Pixel and Pixel XL both uses the same S821 chipset and they both have daydream VR support since launch.

Feb 15, 2017 at 8:57 AM Post #8 of 453
Who knows where is that fine line between smartphone with advanced audio system and a dap, which can make a phone call...

Btw my 4 years old LG g2 died few weeks ago. So i'm very interested in G6

Feb 26, 2017 at 8:31 AM Post #11 of 453
Yeah, I just was about to post this

http://www.androidcentral.com/these-two-lg-g6-features-are-exclusive-us-and-korea

What a ******* bummer. Gs8 it is then

I just wish 1 smartphone manufacturer combine the tech of a high quality DAP with a modern smartphone...

Feb 26, 2017 at 8:36 AM Post #12 of 453
Just letting you know, according to phone reviewer Michael Fisher. The G6 will not ship with Quad DAC to neither US, EU, MEA nor SA.

So let's research more about this and make sure that it is legit or not.

Feb 26, 2017 at 8:36 AM Post #13 of 453
Yeah, I just was about to post this

http://www.androidcentral.com/these-two-lg-g6-features-are-exclusive-us-and-korea

What a ******* bummer. Gs8 it is then

I just wish 1 smartphone manufacturer combine the tech of a high quality DAP with a modern smartphone...

There is one, it's the Onkyo Granbeat DP-CMX1

Unfortunately it's only available in Japan at a very expensive price tag

Feb 26, 2017 at 4:34 PM Post #15 of 453
I apologize in advance for this rant. 

I've had it, LG, enough is enough. They sort of redeemed themselves with the V20 (which I love, but dislike the size). But I played this game with the G5, had to source it from overseas and then played the compatibility game with the "HiFi" module. All North American variants were blocked from using this module for god only knows what region. Then the V20 sort of fixed that, I bought it on launch day and I have been pretty happy with it. Then posts started appearing (which I'm not sure anyone actually validated) that the other regions got the B&O certified models that were "Tuned by B&O." Not a big deal, I've been happy with the V20, but was greatly looking forward to the G6 with a better form factor for me. Low and behold, most of the world loses out again while only a few regions get the great audio hardware. I'm done supporting LG. I'll go back to HTC, who appear to care more about the audio crowd than LG does. I just can't understand why they must screw some of the regions and not the others. Maybe I have an oversimplified view of the mobile landscape, but why in the hell can't phone manufacturers do one or two skus like Apple? Argh. 

Anyway, sorry again for the rant. I checked the tech news every day for the last month hoping for details on the G6 and this morning I got the middle finger from them. Here's to hoping the S8 has something other than a generic built-in Qualcomm chip. I guess at the very least the G6 and S8 should have "Aqstic" which has some potential. 

-Collin-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back