Layout issue in Safari
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 29, 2017 at 8:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Argyris

Head-Fi's third most long-winded poster.
EDIT: Somehow in my boneheadedness I missed the general bug reporting thread (even though I looked at the recent threads for such a thing). Please forgive my posting this as a separate thread, and feel free to move this post to the appropriate thread.

I know the site admins have a lot on their plates at the moment tackling major functionality bugs and migrating everything over from the Huddler platform. My bug is less important and is more of a cosmetic thing: I've noticed that, in Safari, the bottom navigation bar doesn't render properly. There's odd padding (or lack thereof) in the cells, and the rightmost cell is cut off by the edge of the layout. This happens on non-homepage pages (e.g. the very page I'm on now) and looks like this:

Screen Shot 2017-04-29 at 8.29.09 AM.png

In Chrome (and Firefox, though I've only tested the latter on Windows), it looks like this (which I assume is what it's supposed to look like):

Screen Shot 2017-04-29 at 8.29.55 AM.png

Putting my amateur web developer hat on, it appears like the cells are the same (fixed) dimensions in each browser, but the text is larger (or bolder) for some reason in Safari, so it doesn't fit properly into the cells. Significantly, this issue is not present on the homepage--maybe a fix was hard-coded there and needs to be applied to all the other pages as well?

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2017 at 3:07 PM Post #2 of 3
Try setting the font-size in .top-nav-button to something lower than 15px. As for the Safari-specificness of the issue, the font they use for the buttons is Montserrat (a webfont), and it seems like Safari is fetching local fonts (because the one in your screenshot does not look right) instead of the web font.

Apr 30, 2017 at 9:23 AM Post #3 of 3
I suspected local font preference might be the issue. I was going to put something about that, but I didn't want to look ridiculous in case it was something completely different. I'm not quite Mr. Web Development-Knowing-Stuff-About, despite having done a fair bit of comparatively simplistic work some years ago. A lot has changed in the six or seven years since I was active.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back