Kansas City Headfi Meet June 3rd @ Oak Park Library 12:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 19, 2017 at 3:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

Drumline1997

New Head-Fier
When: 6/3/17 from 12:00 PM (Noon) - 5:00 PM 

Where: Oak Park Library at [color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.870588)]9500 Bluejacket Dr, Overland Park, KS 66214[/color]

Registration: Please PM me if you are planning on coming, so I can add you to the thread and add any gear you may be bringing so others will be aware. 

Meet Rules (copied from other posts, tell me if I need to add anything)
  1. Please treat fellow head-fiers, vendors, and their gear with the utmost care and respect.
  2. Do not unplug headphones without asking permission from the owners first.
  3. Do not turn anything on or off without asking permission first.
  4. Do not move anyone's gear from their established area without asking permission.
  5. Absolutely no food and drink will be allowed near any equipment including your own. There is ample space within the hotel, as well as Starbucks/bar/restaurant for food and drink.
  6. Please have courtesy and ensure that your hands are CLEAN before handling other’s equipment.
  7. Be mindful of the time you are spending listening to vendors and others’ gear especially if there are others waiting in line.
  8. Be mindful of personal hygiene. DO NOT use hair gel or other product that may damage or stain a headband or earpads.
    DO NOT wear hair gel or any cosmetic product that may damage or stain a headband or earpads.
  9. Please use common sense! To repeat the most important rule: treat fellow head-fiers, vendors, and their gear with the utmost care and respect

Please bring a power strip if you are bringing gear.

Set up will probably be from 12:00 to 12:30 and tear down should probably start around 4:30 to make sure we don't keep the people working there too late. Feel free to set up at any time if you cannot make it at the beginning. 

Again, please reply in the thread or PM me if you are coming. I will add your gear to this post if you are bringing anyone. Hope we can get a great turnout and make this a tradition, see you all there!

drumline1997: NFB-11, O2/Odac, Dragonfly Black, Darkvoice 336se
HD 600, Alpha Dogs, (on request people can try Shure SE215, Etymotic ER4XR)

ETanner: Sennheiser HD-600s, Schiit Bifrost Multibit, Schiit Valhalla 2, Mac Mini w/ Tidal and Roon, TrippLite SmartOnline UPS

dirtyfox: Gear
Schiit Multibit Bifrost
Schiit Asgard
Schiit Saga
Schiit Wyrd
Schiit Fulla 2
Furman Power Conditioner

Headphones
Audio-Technica ATH-M40x (Mods: Pads/Cable)
AKG K7XX (Mods: Cable)
Grado Prestige SR225i (Mods: Headband)

Docbass: Focal Utopia, Mr. Speakers Ether Flow C, Schiit Yggdrasil

Mar 19, 2017 at 6:51 PM Post #3 of 25
This is super ahead of time. But if I'm coming I can bring HD 800. But chances are multiple people are going to bring that already.

Mar 29, 2017 at 2:39 PM Post #9 of 25
Right now I have a Liquid Carbon and a Lyr 2. I'm thinking about ordering a ragnarock but not sure... I'd love a Liquid Gold but I've already kinda blown out my audio budget for a while and I don't think the Liquid Gold is in production anymore.

Apr 5, 2017 at 12:26 PM Post #12 of 25
Shawnee checking in. I might try to attend! Might be able to bring a Schiit Bifrost Multibit / Asgard 2 stack and HD600/Fidelio X2s.

May 5, 2017 at 3:51 PM Post #14 of 25
I haven't been to a meet for a while, but if Twangfest doesn't fall on the same day, I will be there. The only gear I can think of at the moment is a Cyrus 2/PSX amp I'd like people to audition with headphones, as I recapped it some time ago.

May 15, 2017 at 11:45 PM Post #15 of 25
Hey everyone, little over two weeks to go. Still looking to get some more people, and I think my news may help. We now have a few companies sending loaner gear to the event! Audio Technica is sending the LS-200, LS-300, MSR7 and I believe some more goodies for everyone to try out. JDS Labs is sending either an employee or loaner gear, we have yet to finalize exactly what it will be (if anyone has any requests tell me or mention @theotherjude on here). Also Stephen from Lucid Labs out of Lawrence will be trying to stop by, and sending loaner gear if he cannot make it. Hope this is good news to everyone, see you all soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back