(It Seems That) The iPhone 6 Will Have A Headphone Jack
Jul 12, 2014 at 12:19 AM Post #31 of 58
Apple clearly didn't buy Beats for their sound engineers so why would they want Bose? Besides, Bose already works very closely with Apple and is always a featured partner. They don't need to buy Bose and Bose doesn't need to sell. Apple already owns the same demographic as Bose so again, what would they gain by purchasing them?

Apple mostly owns the music industry but they don't have anything in streaming and studios are loath to give them the licenses. That's where Beasts comes in. They have a number of licensing agreements with major labels already and through their purchase Apple now has them, too. I don't think any headphone companies we worried when Apple bought Beats but I bet Spotify was.
... Isn't Spotify free? I like free. I know that beats music isn't free. And meanwhile I just use Nokia mixradio and skip all of the other streaming services. If I didn't have a Nokia Lumia and didn't have the option of mixradio, I know id rather use the free one, especially since its basically all the same music. (I love mixradio. Awesome streaming service only on Nokia phones.) my point is that beats music imo isnt going to threaten any of the other services. Compete yes, threaten no... Unless beats music becomes free that is.

Jul 12, 2014 at 3:36 AM Post #32 of 58
The beats with the lightning connector are impossible. Think about it - MBP and MBA do not have a lightning plug yet. Even the world's top Apple fanboi won't be dumb enough to burn $399 on Beats he can only use with 1/3rd of the pure APPLE ecosystem. 

We might see this if lightning appears on MBP MBA next time around. Otherwise it's a tough sell to try selling headphones that are strictly tied to use with one's phone unless they are sub-$30 earbuds... 

Jul 12, 2014 at 10:34 AM Post #33 of 58
Mainly because Bose has been around for 50 years, and who's products are actually designed by real engineers and not a father-son duo who foolishly paired up with a man who's rise to fame was off from trend and not talent.

:wink:  
Let's be honest though, Bose really aren't a high-end brand and for the most part they stopped innovating years ago. Don't get me wrong for a commonly known consumer brand they're great, but they sort of slowly stopped progressing after the 901.

Jul 12, 2014 at 5:43 PM Post #34 of 58
Let's be honest though, Bose really aren't a high-end brand and for the most part they stopped innovating years ago. Don't get me wrong for a commonly known consumer brand they're great, but they sort of slowly stopped progressing after the 901.

Agreed. Their pinnacle IMO was late 80's early 90's, all downhill (stagnant) after that.

Jul 12, 2014 at 6:36 PM Post #36 of 58
Yeah. That's not to make them out to be bad, but every company falls out of greatness at one point or another. The fact that they're still doing so well shows that they're a strong company.
they don't need to innovate. They just need to keep up the guise of great sq and live on their reputation, and keep selling to businessmen who want ANC cans.

Jul 12, 2014 at 8:48 PM Post #37 of 58
... Isn't Spotify free? I like free. I know that beats music isn't free. And meanwhile I just use Nokia mixradio and skip all of the other streaming services. If I didn't have a Nokia Lumia and didn't have the option of mixradio, I know id rather use the free one, especially since its basically all the same music. (I love mixradio. Awesome streaming service only on Nokia phones.) my point is that beats music imo isnt going to threaten any of the other services. Compete yes, threaten no... Unless beats music becomes free that is.

No, you're totally right. Everyone is like you, no one spends money on things. Same reason we're all using Apple's ****ty white earbuds, am I right?

No, Beats music run by Beats the company is a threat to no one. It's a hobby for a company like that, a "let's see if we can make this work". But if you think Spotify isn't worried every time Apple does anything even slightly close to streaming then you really have no idea how business works.

Jul 12, 2014 at 10:05 PM Post #38 of 58
No, you're totally right. Everyone is like you, no one spends money on things. Same reason we're all using Apple's ****ty white earbuds, am I right?

No, Beats music run by Beats the company is a threat to no one. It's a hobby for a company like that, a "let's see if we can make this work". But if you think Spotify isn't worried every time Apple does anything even slightly close to streaming then you really have no idea how business works.
I didn't say everyone lol. It will take some of the people away from Spotify, but I just don't see it threatening any of the other services. I was talking in general. How many people outside of this site do you see walking down the street with an amp strapped to a Dap with 400$+ headphones? I certainly haven't. Its mostly cheap 20$ stuff or free with their phones. Also, the age group that listens to the most music is 11-22... Is a person who is in college or in school really going to have 10$ a month to spend on music streaming, or care enough to spend 10$ for something they can get for free? Here's a study. It says young people prefer free, ad supported music streaming over anything else. http://www.billboard.com/biz/articles/news/1084161/business-matters-teens-listen-to-music-most-on-youtube-pay-for-music-more it also says they buy the most music, but that's from iTunes and other places they can download to keep. I'm being realistic. I'm not saying nobody will pay for streaming, I'm just saying Spotify and other services aren't going to get extremely worried over it unless beats music does something drastically different. :) but I rest my case. If you think something else will happen, then... I respect that.

Jul 13, 2014 at 1:15 PM Post #39 of 58
The whole idea of Apple forcing consumers to use "their headphones" really means nothing. You know the second the iPhone with a "lightning headphone jack" comes out, their will just be a lightning to 3.5mm adapter out as-well.

Jul 13, 2014 at 8:07 PM Post #40 of 58
Anyone that thought it wouldn't was crazy
wink.gif
. Do you really think that Apple would force their customers to use their headphones? People don't follow them that blindly, they would lose market share in the process because other phones with decent DACs have headphone jacks.

This + the fact that most consumers aren't audiophiles so wouldn't even know one smartphone has a better DAC then another, all they would know is that the iPhone doesn't have a proper headphone jack and the other smartphones do.

Jul 14, 2014 at 12:24 PM Post #41 of 58
In all personal opinion here, I am not a fan of Apple products and I never have been but I can tell you that they wont change the headphone jack. Sure they changed the charging port back when the iPhone 5 came out but now that it has been around for a couple years, its almost just as regularly seen as the old 30 pin connector. They are very restrictive, but not stupid.

Jul 16, 2014 at 7:03 PM Post #43 of 58
I honestly think that it would have brought in profits for them, as they would have been forced to make an adapter for 3.5 mm to their wierd Apple jack. It would have been a very sad thing to see, indeed.

Jul 17, 2014 at 11:19 AM Post #44 of 58
  I honestly think that it would have brought in profits for them, as they would have been forced to make an adapter for 3.5 mm to their wierd Apple jack. It would have been a very sad thing to see, indeed.

But they would have to include the adapter with the phone or all but the most loyal apple fans will move to android. Even then I don't think people would like to have an adapter sticking out of their phone to plus in their headphones. 

I guess it could be profitable selling adapters to those who lost or broke theirs though.

Jul 17, 2014 at 12:29 PM Post #45 of 58
Their are only 4 things that stop me from using iPhones.

1. Camera - I really wish they upgraded to a 13+ MP camera, it seems like they have never really done a drastic change with their camera. That's why i love my S5 Active, it's got 16 mega pixels.

2. Storage - Although they do supply 16, 32 and 64 GB storage for iPhones, the price gets higher with each one. On my S5, i pay the same amount as a 16GB iPhone but I can pop a 64GB Micro-SD card in and be good to go.

3. Screen - To me, Apple's "Retina" display isn't that great. I highly prefer the 1080p screen on my S5. It's much more clear and it's so god damn vibrant. Also, i like the bigger screen size, but hopefully Apple will resolve this with this years iPhone 6.

4. Customization - We all know Apple's biggest problem is their restrictive iOS operating system. If maybe icon packs, animations, gestures and launchers were available, iPhone would be my best friend. But that goes for my other 3 reasons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back