IPhone SE impressions thread
Apr 3, 2016 at 2:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 33

h-man

100+ Head-Fier
So I was really excited to get one of these on release, and was really curious as to whether it would sound like the 5s or the 6s! Early impressions very favourable, sounds very much like the 6s but without the EM interference (I have compared it using se535 on both SE and 6s) so I'm very happy so far. Also, it seems that the battery life is great-comparable to the 6 plus.

Will keep listening and report back after a few days. :grinning:

Apr 8, 2016 at 11:06 PM Post #2 of 33
Totally agree. I upgraded from an iPhone 5s to the SE and the sound is great. I would say a slightly warmer sound. SE performance is amazingly fast and love the fact that it works with my existing Onkyo DAC-HA200 lightning connection headphone amp. The SE and HA200 are a perfect match. 

Apr 9, 2016 at 5:34 AM Post #3 of 33
anyone can kindly perform a quick A/B between SE and 6S... should be same dac+amp.... but maybe different hw implementation on the lb (apart from the EM interf.)?!

thanks in adv
cheers from italy

Apr 10, 2016 at 2:13 AM Post #4 of 33
So I was really excited to get one of these on release, and was really curious as to whether it would sound like the 5s or the 6s! Early impressions very favourable, sounds very much like the 6s but without the EM interference (I have compared it using se535 on both SE and 6s) so I'm very happy so far. Also, it seems that the battery life is great-comparable to the 6 plus.

Will keep listening and report back after a few days. :grinning:

Yep. The emi noise is gone on the 5SE which makes it an awesome and flawless iem driver.

Apr 13, 2016 at 1:32 AM Post #5 of 33
Thanks for the initial impressions guys. I have an iPhone 6 and would like to know of the SE is an upgrade or at least the same quality soundwise. Can anyone please compare the audio quality for the iPhone SE to the iPhone 6 (not plus or the S models)?

Apr 15, 2016 at 4:58 AM Post #8 of 33
This se would be my first iPhone. Just wondering, how it compare against the ipod touch 6th gen....? Are they similar? It seems HTC has gone all out with HTC 10. HTC always had good audio. If someone compares them, it would be nice. Thanks you.

Apr 19, 2016 at 7:52 AM Post #10 of 33
He wrote iem driver. In other words in ear monitor driver/player. Emi noise is something else, that's electromagnetic interference. Anyone still happy with the iPhone SE? I'm dying to know if selling my iPhone 6 and buying an iPhone SE would be considered an upgrade in sound quality or at least not a downgrade.

Apr 23, 2016 at 11:43 AM Post #11 of 33
He wrote iem driver. In other words in ear monitor driver/player. Emi noise is something else, that's electromagnetic interference. Anyone still happy with the iPhone SE? I'm dying to know if selling my iPhone 6 and buying an iPhone SE would be considered an upgrade in sound quality or at least not a downgrade.
Thanks for the input, I also got the iPhone 6 and need to know if I can upgrade my phone. I don't believe in gsmarena, waiting for someone to clear it up for us hehe

May 2, 2016 at 9:45 PM Post #12 of 33
I'm buying an iPhone SE this week and will be pairing it with my Oppo HA-2 w/ Etymotic Research ER4P-T & Sennheiser Momentum. I'll report back with my findings. 

May 5, 2016 at 3:19 AM Post #13 of 33
So I've listened to the iPhone SE paired w/ my Oppo HA-2 and Sennheiser Momentum & HD800S and I must say I'm extremely impressed with what this little guy can do... It fits perfectly onto my Oppo HA-2 (on the leather part) and feels/looks like it was made for the HA-2. I am currently using the included bands, but I plan on using a different method as it's not that elegant of a solution. Still have to do much more listening, but I like what I hear so far. 

May 13, 2016 at 1:58 AM Post #14 of 33
After a lot more time with the iPhone SE as a DAP, I can say that it is a very competent player. It doesn't have the same hiss that some users have reported on the 6s and gets loud enough when I use it alone (instead of with my Oppo HA-2 DAC/AMP). I finally found some time to test it out with my Etymotic Research ER4P-T IEM's powered by my Oppo HA-2 and I feel they are the perfect match... I use high gain even though the ER4P-T's have a low impedance. It just sounds better than low gain, IMO. Needless to say, I'm very satisfied with the iPhone SE and the price it comes in at. I have the 64GB, which was $499.  

May 15, 2016 at 1:43 PM Post #15 of 33
It's certainly a great little portable solution and the battery life is brilliant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back