Introducing the STAX SRM-T8000 - Head-Fi TV
Jun 5, 2017 at 8:26 PM Post #98 of 247
Any US dealer pricing?

Jun 6, 2017 at 3:02 AM Post #99 of 247
You already have obtained that legendary beast T2 DIY, and yet the best of it :D why would you be interested lol....I am jealous !
Where can I get the builder?

Jun 6, 2017 at 3:03 AM Post #100 of 247
Sorry guys for a detour. Is the HP cable of 009 replaceable?

Jun 6, 2017 at 2:33 PM Post #102 of 247
Sorry guys for a detour. Is the HP cable of 009 replaceable?

The Stax cables are designed to take very high voltages (we're talking hundreds of volts) and be very low capacitance. You don't want to be playing cable swapper with these as you can with dynamic headphones. Most audiophile cable companies wouldn't have a clue how to design cables for electrostatic headphones.

Jun 6, 2017 at 2:44 PM Post #103 of 247
The Stax cables are designed to take very high voltages (we're talking hundreds of volts) and be very low capacitance. You don't want to be playing cable swapper with these as you can with dynamic headphones. Most audiophile cable companies wouldn't have a clue how to design cables for electrostatic headphones.

It isn't hard, but why would anyone want to do it though ? The stock cables is very well thought and engineered

Jun 7, 2017 at 7:03 PM Post #104 of 247
It isn't hard, but why would anyone want to do it though ? The stock cables is very well thought and engineered

Having just paid a few hundred dollars (including parts, labor, shipping and insurance) to have my 009 cable and ear pads replaced, I can see the appeal of detachable cables. Mr.Speaker's electrostatic headphone will have a detachable cable.

Jun 8, 2017 at 6:51 PM Post #105 of 247
I heard back from my hi-end US dealer about becoming a US dealer for Stax. He got me a quote on a new SRM-T8000
If anyone is interested, PM me. Maybe together we can get a better price for each.

Separately, has anyone heard this yet or read another review online?
Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back