Introducing the STAX SRM-T8000 - Head-Fi TV
May 11, 2017 at 11:47 AM Post #76 of 247
A big deal with the SRM-T8000 will be its availability through the STAX distribution network. You can visit a store and listen before you buy, and you can buy it without expensive custom and shipping charges.

That is certainly a point in its favor. The downside of the BHSE, for example, is the combination of delay after ordering and the inability to audition, unless you know someone who already has one. I live in the US so we don't have to worry about custom charges, but for someone who lives elsewhere, that's definitely an issue, particularly for a high-ticket item.

Last edited:
May 11, 2017 at 11:55 AM Post #77 of 247
That is certainly a point in its favor. The downside of the BHSE, for example, is the combination of delay after ordering and the inability to audition, unless you know someone who already has one. I live in the US so we don't have to worry about custom charges, but for someone who lives elsewhere, that's definitely an issue, particularly for a high-ticket item.

There are a lot of differences in between a mass produced production and enthusiast DIY products. The KG designs are very hard to beat, without too much technical and just simply looking at the physical build and see :) everyone want to make it more compact though, but after all, sizes do matter ....hehehehe

May 11, 2017 at 12:09 PM Post #78 of 247
Seems the price is a bit too much, but that's the Japanese market.

May 11, 2017 at 12:55 PM Post #80 of 247
Mm...as much as I would like to buy the well-regarded BHSE for my SR 009, a big, really big, issue is warranty support. From where I am, dealer support is non-existent. I was able to audition the BHSE during CanJam Sngapore but show conditions precluded any serious listening impression. It did sound very good. Stax, otoh, has official dealer support and presence here. It is where I bought all my Stax gear (009, 007tII and 002) so I don't have to worry about anything. 007mk 2 is available plus many other downstream Stax gear.

I'm sure that if I give a call to my dealer here to pre-order the T8K, he would be very happy to do it. However, I'd really love to read an honest-to-goodness comparison between the BHSE and the T8K before pulling the trigger. If it is going to be decisive in favor of the BHSE, I am willing to seriously reconsider the BHSE and risk it.

So, wait mode.

May 11, 2017 at 1:00 PM Post #81 of 247
I think internationally is always more expensive :D
Inexcusable. Their production costs are far lower -- they could definitely capture a key market at $3500.

The BHSE is a no brainer here.

May 11, 2017 at 1:31 PM Post #83 of 247
I think the current Stax has a different ideology than the former Stax :D .
I'm sure. And I'm also sure I think I know better, which I don't, of course. I am not interested, nowadays, anyhow.

May 11, 2017 at 1:45 PM Post #85 of 247
You already have obtained that legendary beast T2 DIY, and yet the best of it :D why would you be interested lol....I am jealous !
Well, there's always some scratch to itch, right?

May 14, 2017 at 1:44 PM Post #89 of 247

Users who are viewing this thread

Back