iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW FW: 1.6.0 ** link . . 1st page . . .
May 15, 2017 at 4:50 AM Post #6,407 of 6,795
Thanks for the response. I did figure it out finally. It was the 2017 Chesky Audiophile Classical Sampler disk that I downloaded and I found out that the first track had a different Album tag for some reason. I used MP3Tag to look at them all carefully. I obviously missed this the first time.

I manually changed the title on the track that wasn't showing up and it solved the problem after the next scan. So, it wasn't an issue with the DX80 after all.

This particular sampler disc from HDTracks also had an issue with a corrupt FLAC file on this particular track. I had to ask HDTracks to send me the WAV file of the track in order for it to play right. They claimed there was no problem with it, but I had clicks and pops on every player I tried it on.

Once again, thanks everyone for the advice - it helped me look deeper into the tags to figure it out. I was going crazy for a while there.

I am glad you have been able to isolate the problem

May 21, 2017 at 1:43 PM Post #6,410 of 6,795
Hello Paul, Can you confirm that the new DX80 firmware will be released by the end of this month, as promised?
We are working on it and I have noted the issues.

Are there any more specific issues that anyone feels need to be addressed?

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
May 21, 2017 at 5:06 PM Post #6,411 of 6,795
All has been said in this 3d.
For me:
Glitch of button color of high/lo gain , gapless and roll off not turning to black when pressed from settings screen,
counter shows 1/0 when dx80 switched off then on
Playing order when switched off then on messed up
Singer Name under album Name when in album view messed up if it's a compilation. ( better leave it blank)

May 22, 2017 at 12:58 AM Post #6,412 of 6,795
We are working on it and I have noted the issues.

Are there any more specific issues that anyone feels need to be addressed?

Yes, yes, we've heard it many times before. Sorry Paul, but getting Pioneer DAP at the end of the month.

To the future buyers of iBassso products - think it over again before buying - because you'll end just like us, with broken promises and lots of unfixed errors.

Last edited:
May 22, 2017 at 3:01 PM Post #6,414 of 6,795
Yes, yes, we've heard it many times before. Sorry Paul, but getting Pioneer DAP at the end of the month.

To the future buyers of iBassso products - think it over again before buying - because you'll end just like us, with broken promises and lots of unfixed errors.

I normally do not get into debates with customers but out of the 1000s of DX80s we have sold there have been few complaints. We have worked hard to fix problems. Most of the response that we get is that people are enjoy the sound and performance of their DX80. We will continue to support our customers as we always have. We respond to requests and always try to solve any issue that comes up.

May 22, 2017 at 3:08 PM Post #6,416 of 6,795
Perhaps you'd consider responding to my inquiry about the 8-playlist limit on the DX80?
I do not know at this time. At this time we have had 2 requests for this but I will give the request to our software people again.

May 23, 2017 at 12:45 AM Post #6,418 of 6,795
I normally do not get into debates with customers but out of the 1000s of DX80s we have sold there have been few complaints. We have worked hard to fix problems. Most of the response that we get is that people are enjoy the sound and performance of their DX80. We will continue to support our customers as we always have. We respond to requests and always try to solve any issue that comes up.

Last software update was in August 2016. If you have problems solving obvious bugs (like sorting bug i.e.) hire more skilled programmers. Saying blah blah blah about fixing bugs in the future doesn't help much your company IMO. iBasso should add a slogan on their site "BUY OUR PRODUCTS AT YOUR OWN RISK".

May 23, 2017 at 2:37 AM Post #6,419 of 6,795
*Dear Paul & Everybody
Nice to contact with you
Could you help me to check & advise about my dx80 problem.
Sometime I click "stop" by hard button, my song stops, but when i click "play" again, my song does not continue and dx80 changes to next song( i really sure i do not click wrong button)
I have updated fw 1.5.8 and use factory reset but it does not help.
I look forward to receiving your feedback.
Thank you.

May 23, 2017 at 1:38 PM Post #6,420 of 6,795
*Dear Paul & Everybody
Nice to contact with you
Could you help me to check & advise about my dx80 problem.
Sometime I click "stop" by hard button, my song stops, but when i click "play" again, my song does not continue and dx80 changes to next song( i really sure i do not click wrong button)
I have updated fw 1.5.8 and use factory reset but it does not help.
I look forward to receiving your feedback.
Thank you.
I have responded to the PM you sent on our FB account.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back