I got sold fake Shure SE215 I think help
Jul 27, 2017 at 3:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

archangel22

New Head-Fier
I think I got sold fake Shure SE215. The reason is something feels off about them. I dont know if they are refurbished or not but if someone has Shure SE215 please can you post some pics of the buds so I can reference them? I have the clears by the way

Ill describe why I think this:
http://quinreviews.blogspot.com.au/2016/01/how-to-identity-authentic-shure-in-ear.html

I checked this link once I received mine and sure enough my packaging does have that stupid Pat Pen sticker. Also my earbuds dont have the red and blue paint jobs to tell me where the wire should connect like the pics all over the web on the se215. I also checked reviews on this product where everyone complained that the cable length was too long, it should be 1.60cm at least. Anyway my cable is about 1.20cm while it looks the same as most se215 pics no way it should be this short so that leads me to belief this could be a replica. The sound is ok, I cant say I notice it that much better than my xiomi pistons 3.0 but it the louder I play it it sounds ok it doesnt distort like the pistons so not sure if the cable is a fake or earbuds refurbished or Im just paranoid but surely they should have the red and blue paint for where the connectors connect right?

I wish shure had a website to check serial numbers how lame they dont have such a thing

Jul 27, 2017 at 7:48 AM Post #2 of 6
What good would a website to check serial numbers be? A counterfeit Shure could have a valid serial number, and you'd be none the wiser.

Jul 27, 2017 at 8:35 PM Post #3 of 6
Still better than nothing, I contacted Shure directly with the screenshots and serial number and they confirmed the serial number is not authentic so it doesnt hurt to email them with details and the numbers

Jul 27, 2017 at 9:08 PM Post #4 of 6
That is one you see faked a lot. I would only buy from here or Amazon or other reputable dealers. A deal too good to be true usually is.

Jul 28, 2017 at 1:59 AM Post #5 of 6
agreed, good thing I got the money back and keep this device to thrash around while I can reuse that money from a known seller, this time Ill pay the extra $20 and get it from a store here once I find one in my city Ill be scouting the area on the weekend I hope I find a place without resorting to going online. I can see that eglobal see them cheaply too the reviews for that site seem good also. But hey at least this topic can help others out to spot a fake and when you buy the product if the packaging and product still look good contact the manufacturer in less than 8hrs Shure responded to me to confirm the serial number is not authentic and the product doesnt look authentic to how they pack the items. Dont like it how average joes think its authentic and still give positive feedback to sellers on ebay so they can continue this shoddy practice. Avoide Pheonix_Fire on ebay shoddy fake products they pass as genuine with 99% feedback its not right at all

Jul 28, 2017 at 8:26 AM Post #6 of 6
Good that you got your money back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back