HPL Audio aka Chris_Himself_cables
Apr 18, 2016 at 8:14 PM Post #16 of 36
I placed an order near the beginning of the year. Every month or so I checked for an update on HPL Audio's site in addition to sending an e-mail for an update. I received a response 2 out of the 4 times I contacted him. The last e-mail received essentially stated that the order was being processed and shipping details were forthcoming. This was nearly three weeks ago and I have yet to receive either the cables that I ordered or shipping details for said order. Today I went to check the site only to discover that it appears to have been taken down. Sadly I am now having to escalate this to PayPal.

On the brighter side of things, I placed an order over at BTG Audio for a pair of Starlight CIEM cables. I sent several questions to Brian over e-mail to which he responded to very quickly. After all my questions were answered I placed my order. A week and a half later the cables were in my mailbox.

If you are looking for a pair of high quality cables that are reasonably priced from a very responsive seller I would recommend going with Brian.

Apr 20, 2016 at 7:55 PM Post #18 of 36
I will provide updates as the PayPal dispute progresses. Currently PayPal is displaying the text inluded below when I click to escalate the Dispute to a Claim. As I want the process to go as smoothly as possible I am going to wait for the 3 day response window to close before I escalate.

------

End Communication and Escalate to a Claim
By escalating your dispute to a claim, you're asking PayPal to review the case and decide the outcome.

Our records indicate that you opened this dispute within the last three days. You may wish to postpone escalating to a claim in order to give the seller time to respond. The majority of sellers want their customers to be satisfied and welcome the opportunity to work out disputes amicably.

PayPal will review your communication with the seller and may contact you for additional information. We'll make every effort to reach a decision within 30 days.

Apr 26, 2016 at 11:39 AM Post #19 of 36
I got a notification from USPS that a shipping label was created destined for my address. Origin was San Leandro, CA 94577. Not sure if this is HPL; I'm not expecting any packages from California, except my cables. Can't tell if it's from HPL because the website is down obviously.

Granted, I got this notice last week, and the tracking hasn't moved past "Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS" since then. So who knows. Just thought I'd update the group.

Apr 26, 2016 at 7:20 PM Post #20 of 36
I escalated my dispute to a Claim last week. I received an e-mail from PayPal indicating that the seller HPL Audio had provided shipping information. The tracking page on USPS site has the status "Pre-Shipment Info sent to USPS". I will provide an update when the status indicates that the item has actually shipped. The origin location is "San Leandro, CA 94577".

Apr 27, 2016 at 10:39 AM Post #21 of 36
I escalated my dispute to a Claim last week. I received an e-mail from PayPal indicating that the seller HPL Audio had provided shipping information. The tracking page on USPS site has the status "Pre-Shipment Info sent to USPS". I will provide an update when the status indicates that the item has actually shipped. The origin location is "San Leandro, CA 94577".

I figured that might be there to prevent us from filing claims with Paypal. My tracking number hasn't moved from "Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS" since the 21st. Hopefully Paypal will see that if we continue to push the claim.

Apr 27, 2016 at 2:10 PM Post #22 of 36
I took a closer look at my tracking information and it has not moved since the 21st also, as is shown below. 
Does your tracking number end with 63626?

Tracking Number:
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX63626

Date & Time        Status                                             Location
April 21, 2016      Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS
April 20, 2016      Shipping Label Created                     SAN LEANDRO, CA 94577
3:22 pm

Apr 27, 2016 at 2:23 PM Post #24 of 36
Three other great cable makers who I have done business with numerous times
1) Peterek, he is a member here & his cables are very well made.
2) Lindsay at Impact Audio Cables, great cable maker. Has a thread here for his work & his is on etsy.
3) Lauren at ELA audio. Lauren has made quite a few cables for me & her work is very good as well. She's on both eBay & etsy.

May 3, 2016 at 5:49 PM Post #25 of 36
I received my cables this weekend.  While the customer service could certainly use an improvement, the cable's build quality is far better than I expected after a 4+ month wait.  I will test them out shortly and see if they are acceptable or not.

May 11, 2016 at 7:23 PM Post #26 of 36
Please file complaints with the Better Business Bureau.  I have recently used the BBB for a different matter and they were able to get me immediate results.  I always thought they were a joke, but it helped me.  I'll be sure to file a complaint about HPL witht he BBB just so they have a record of his horrible (fraudulent) business practices.

Jun 2, 2016 at 4:05 AM Post #27 of 36
I received my cables this weekend.  While the customer service could certainly use an improvement, the cable's build quality is far better than I expected after a 4+ month wait.  I will test them out shortly and see if they are acceptable or not.

When did you order your cables. I ordered mine at the end of December. Perhaps I should take to PayPal as well. This guy is seriously unprofessional which sucks because he's had a lot of good reviews on headfi.

Jun 4, 2016 at 2:03 AM Post #28 of 36
Well I've opened a claim against Hpl audio. I'm asking for a full refund. It seems the only way to get your product from this clown is to open a claim with PayPal which is wrong and messed up. I'm so pissed off I gave this jerk my money.

Jun 5, 2016 at 7:45 PM Post #29 of 36
i submitted for a refund through paypal. on hplaudio website i see he tried to process the refund: 1. not a full refund. seems like its eitehr less the shipping or less the paypal fee. either way thats bull ****.. 2. havent received the money at all yet.

I escalated to a claim with paypal and we'll see where this goes.

Jun 5, 2016 at 11:38 PM Post #30 of 36
I escalated it immediately. This guy is obviously a POS and I have no idea how he had such a good reputation on headfi. Everything positive about him on headfi needs to be erased so no more people fall victim to his shady business practices. It'd be nice to see his site shut down too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back