How does Mjolnir 2 with LISST tubes compare to other solid state amps?
Jun 22, 2017 at 11:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Nicholas Seltzer

100+ Head-Fier
Head-fi has several threats about how Schiit amps fitted with LISST tubes compare to rolling glass tubes in the same devices, but how does the Mjolnir 2 compare with other solid state only amps? I guess I sort of like the idea of tube rolling, but not if that means I can't also enjoy a very high quality solid state experience worthy of a nearly $1000 price tag.

So compared to other solid states in that price range, how does the Mjolnir compare?

Jun 25, 2017 at 10:18 AM Post #2 of 7
it compares well.

source: me :) - I own a mjolnir 2 with Lisst and also a bunch of other SS amps

hope that answers your question (also since I didnt wanna write a comparison with every solid state amp I have - or had -or have heard ^^)

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2017 at 10:33 AM Post #3 of 7
It's fine; soundstage is collapsed but that's generally the case for SS amps. Some people really like it for the HD800 (which may seem paradoxical). I personally don't like it much for the 650. Might gel better with planars. It's a bit like using your two door coupe as a moving van, though. Tubes are where the magic is.

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2017 at 1:04 PM Post #4 of 7
It's fine; soundstage is collapsed but that's generally the case for SS amps. Some people really like it for the HD800 (which may seem paradoxical). I personally don't like it much for the 650. Might gel better with planars. It's a bit like using your two door coupe as a moving van, though. Tubes are where the magic is.
Great analogy with coupe/van :D
By the way - you say thats Mjolnir with LISST should be good fit for planars. Can you be more specific why? Because I bought LCD-2's and really don't love them, and thinking about Mjolnir2, but never thougt about LISST :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back