HIFIMAN EF100 Hybrid Amp [Now available for $499]
Nov 25, 2014 at 12:36 AM Post #16 of 39

Awesome! Any comparisons to other amps you own/have owned?

I had the WA7 just before the arrival of EF100, I think the later matches HE560 better with more power (more bass impact) and smoother trebles. But I guess WA7 isn't a great match for HE560 anyway. The only other amp I have now is an SR71A which works pretty well w/ HE500/HE560, but definitely lack of power when compared w/ EF100. 

The other thing I like the EF100 is that it doesn't get hot at all, just a little bit warm. That's a big plus considering the hot weather here in Singapore. The cooler working temperature is probably due to its class AB amp design. I kept the USB input  and speaker output OFF (don't need these features for now), that might be another reason. 

Nov 25, 2014 at 3:30 AM Post #17 of 39
  I had the WA7 just before the arrival of EF100, I think the later matches HE560 better with more power (more bass impact) and smoother trebles. But I guess WA7 isn't a great match for HE560 anyway. The only other amp I have now is an SR71A which works pretty well w/ HE500/HE560, but definitely lack of power when compared w/ EF100. 

The other thing I like the EF100 is that it doesn't get hot at all, just a little bit warm. That's a big plus considering the hot weather here in Singapore. The cooler working temperature is probably due to its class AB amp design. I kept the USB input  and speaker output OFF (don't need these features for now), that might be another reason. 

Thanks for the impressions! I definitely understand about the heat in Singapore--lucky I don't have to deal with that now that I'm in San Francisco =) Have you tried tube rolling at all, and do you know what tubes are compatible with the EF100?

Nov 25, 2014 at 1:58 PM Post #18 of 39
Thanks for the impressions! I definitely understand about the heat in Singapore--lucky I don't have to deal with that now that I'm in San Francisco =) Have you tried tube rolling at all, and do you know what tubes are compatible with the EF100?

The tube used in the amp is 6N3J. I don't have any compatible tubes to swap, and I want to listen wth the stock tube for a while first. So far I quite like the sound already :)

Dec 1, 2014 at 12:53 PM Post #23 of 39
Hello !!
And for the HE-6?? you think this amp is ready??

I think the rear speaker output (4.5w into 4ohm each channel) would be a good option for the HE6 if the front headphone jack isn't powerful enough.

Jan 1, 2015 at 5:07 PM Post #24 of 39
Hello !!
And for the HE-6?? you think this amp is ready??

I think the rear speaker output (4.5w into 4ohm each channel) would be a good option for the HE6 if the front headphone jack isn't powerful enough.

Def not enough for the he6. Thats 4.5w into 4ohms not 50 ohms. That wont work.

Jan 7, 2015 at 2:56 PM Post #27 of 39
  Hope you'd like it :)  

+1 
popcorn.gif

Feb 9, 2015 at 8:37 AM Post #30 of 39
Has anyone tried it with an iPad? Does it need a powered hub?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back