Hi Res audio
Jul 18, 2017 at 1:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Darren Obrien

New Head-Fier
Hi
I have a Denon m37 dab , a tidal premium account and just wondered what I would need to do or add to get hi Res audio and masters audio from my system, I would be running tidal through phone Samsung galaxy s7 or iPad, I know there is only desktop access for masters I think , any ideas, thanks

Jul 18, 2017 at 1:20 PM Post #2 of 4
You won't get master through any phone or tablet.
As i see it, the Desktop clients for mac and windows are the only options for Master quality streaming. Hi-Res should work. Just go to the settings of the tidal app and make shure stream quality is set to HiFi.

You still rely on the DAC of your phone though. For Better or Worse. Your S7 would support and external DAC over USB. that should increase quality quiet a bit.

Jul 19, 2017 at 1:54 AM Post #3 of 4
a Dac will help but as @domsch1988 said, you will not get master through phone or tablet; MQA Dap could benefit the master quality streaming. Anyway, a dac will definitely improve the sound but it still limited based on the headphone/speaker itself.

Jul 19, 2017 at 6:43 AM Post #4 of 4
If you're dead set on streaming your music, then you'll have to be on your desktop most likely. The amp and DAC in smartphones aren't great for hi-res audio and might be upsampling the music. Definitely find yourself an external dac capable of 24/192 if you can. It depends on your headphones though. Buying a DAC for a pair of Beats is a waste of money because whatever extra detail it brings, the headphones will mess it back up

Users who are viewing this thread

Back