*Help*Need closed Cans, cant decide..Ether Flow C, LCD-XC or MDR-Z1R
Jul 27, 2017 at 4:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

adalberto vela

New Head-Fier
Hello Gang,

I’m new to this amazing community and look forward to participating!!! I, like others, have to close (for now) my chapter with open phones as my wife no longer approves..Until we move into a larger house, closed can’s will have to do.. I live in Houston and there is nowhere to sample anything here besides your common Sony, Beats, Wilkins, etc. Sad, as this is such a large city!!

Anyways, everything always has to be a blind buy for me…So, looking for some fresh comparisons between my 3 options..Ether Flow C, LCD-XC and MDR-Z1..I’m looking for cans that are easy to drive, that is a top priority for now...Weight for me wasn’t an issue whatsoever with my previously owned LCD-X. so I don’t care about that…I really enjoy the LCD-X also like the Wilkin’s P7’s..At the moment, I will only use them balanced through my Onkyo DAP..I primarily listen to Metal, Hard Rock, and 80's New Wave..Looking forward to getting some feedback and hearing some comparisons..Thanks to all in advance for taking the time in helping out!!

Jul 27, 2017 at 9:06 PM Post #2 of 3
I would recommend that you go with ... none of those and with the MrSpeakers Aeon. I have previously owned the Ether C Flow for 11 days, I can say that the Aeon doesn't lose to the C Flow in any way aside from a slightly smaller soundstage and a little less bass (without filters applied). You can easily purchase a balanced cable off of Ebay for the Aeon and still have a lot of money left.

Jul 28, 2017 at 12:19 AM Post #3 of 3
keep in mind the Ether C Flow is very hard to drive if you want the full potential ,,
i owned the LCDX and C Flow but i prefer Z1R over them ,
its more musical than the C Flow with more bass , and lighter then the LCDX
also work the best of any source ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back