Headphone Gain on Xonar Essence STX always doesn't work after each reset
Jul 11, 2017 at 11:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

x1o8x

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I've been having this problem lately where my Essence STX's headphone gain would always be at 300~600 ohm, even if you selected 64 ohm (low) gain, every time I reset my PC.

Reseating the card usually fixes the issue but after awhile, the problem will arise again, and it's happening on each PCI-e ports that I've tried.

Could someone tell me what could be the cause for all this?

Jul 11, 2017 at 3:44 PM Post #2 of 4
Hi,

I've been having this problem lately where my Essence STX's headphone gain would always be at 300~600 ohm, even if you selected 64 ohm (low) gain, every time I reset my PC.
Reseating the card usually fixes the issue but after awhile, the problem will arise again, and it's happening on each PCI-e ports that I've tried.
Could someone tell me what could be the cause for all this?

Did you disable the motherboard's on-board audio, in the BIOS?
Small chance an active on-board is interfering with the add-on sound card (STX).

Have you tried using the Unified Xonar Drivers?
http://maxedtech.com/asus-xonar-unified-drivers/

My gut is telling me you might have a a slightly defective STX sound card.

Jul 15, 2017 at 6:53 AM Post #3 of 4
yup, i've disabled the on-board audio in the BIOS and im also using the unified xonar drivers.

i think i've started coming across this issue this year, ever since one of the windows 10 update. swapping PCI-e slots or reseating will help solve the issue for abit, until a new windows update occurs or my PC gets a blackout etc.

Jul 22, 2017 at 7:27 AM Post #4 of 4
edit: i seem to have found the cause for this issue, and it is my graphic card's hdmi audio driver that's conflicting with asus' driver. once i disabled it and reinstalled the unified xonar drivers and then restarted, the gain remained to normal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back