Fiio X1 2nd Gen not appearing on computer
Jul 10, 2017 at 12:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Diver dude

New Head-Fier
I have just received a Fiio X1 2nd gen with original USB cable. I have inserted a 16gb micro SD and connected it to my laptop which is running Windows 7. Unfortunately nothing appears on my computer, so I can't find a way of loading music onto the device.

I could go out and buy a micro SD card converter, but ideally I'd like to find a way to properly connect the device to my computer. I've seen a few websites which tell me to run a disk cleanup and then download software which will solve the issue, but downloading and running random software is always a risk I'd rather avoid. Is there anyone who has had the same issue and can provide some advice?

Jul 10, 2017 at 2:35 PM Post #2 of 8
You can try,

trying a different cable
turning off/on DAP
turning on/off computer
Updating to windows 10

Thats about all the hacks i know of.If all that fails you might have to use a card reader.

Jul 11, 2017 at 6:12 AM Post #3 of 8
You can try,

trying a different cable
turning off/on DAP
turning on/off computer
Updating to windows 10

Thats about all the hacks i know of.If all that fails you might have to use a card reader.
You can try,

trying a different cable
turning off/on DAP
turning on/off computer
Updating to windows 10

Thanks for your help. The cable has worked with other devices, so that's not the issue. I've turned the computer on and off over the past few days while trying to sort this out, so that is also ruled out.
It's disappointing that the product doesn't just work out of the box, but hopefully there is some solution.

Jul 11, 2017 at 12:00 PM Post #4 of 8
Does the X1II light up when you plug it in to your computer? Does your computer beep or anything to indicate the X1 is mounted via usb? Does the card work fine when not in the X1? I've never had an issue transferring files via sub cable with mine running Windows 7 or 10. If you have another cable, I would try it regardless if the one you are using works with other devices. You could try formatting the card with the format took in the X1 and see if that changes anything.

Jul 11, 2017 at 3:07 PM Post #5 of 8
Does the X1II light up when you plug it in to your computer? Does your computer beep or anything to indicate the X1 is mounted via usb? Does the card work fine when not in the X1? I've never had an issue transferring files via sub cable with mine running Windows 7 or 10. If you have another cable, I would try it regardless if the one you are using works with other devices. You could try formatting the card with the format took in the X1 and see if that changes anything.

My X1 II does recognise that it's connected and shows the USB connected icon. My laptop also makes the USB connection sound, but nothing shows up. I did already format the card using the X1, but that hasn't helped. As soon as I can find another cable, I'll give that a go.

Jul 19, 2017 at 8:05 PM Post #6 of 8
I have just received a Fiio X1 2nd gen with original USB cable. I have inserted a 16gb micro SD and connected it to my laptop which is running Windows 7. Unfortunately nothing appears on my computer, so I can't find a way of loading music onto the device.

I could go out and buy a micro SD card converter, but ideally I'd like to find a way to properly connect the device to my computer. I've seen a few websites which tell me to run a disk cleanup and then download software which will solve the issue, but downloading and running random software is always a risk I'd rather avoid. Is there anyone who has had the same issue and can provide some advice?
Hi you can also check for latest firmware upgrade also when connecting to computer turn dap on first then plug in to computer good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back