dual display setup - too wide for speakers?
Jul 14, 2017 at 3:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Ides

New Head-Fier
I'm thinking of adding a second monitor to my office computer setup, but worried that I'll have to give up my desktop speakers, as the width of the two displays (primary 32", secondary 24") will be pretty wide for my sitting position. Even if not "textbook perfect", could this still be ok, or will stereo music be too weird given the proportions of the triangle?

Jul 14, 2017 at 4:15 AM Post #2 of 5
The way I've done it is that I have my central main monitor with my speakers at the sides of that monitor. I then have my secondary monitors either side of the speakers.

So it goes like this from left to right: Secondary monitor 1, left speaker, main monitor, right speaker, secondary monitor 2. All of this is arranged in a sort of curve around me. It works well for me.

Jul 14, 2017 at 10:55 AM Post #3 of 5
I encountered this worry before, Since I prioritize screen space over music, I figured that soundbar speakers can be a reasonable alternative. The problem you will have is finding one that can match what you have now. There are two ones primarily for desktop, and the others are for TVs. I think there are some high end ones that you can consider.but I don't know.

Jul 19, 2017 at 3:13 PM Post #4 of 5
Recording studios tend to place the speakers above the PC monitors. I've thought about going to Ikea and getting a floating shelf just for this purpose but I haven't pulled the trigger on that idea yet.

Jul 21, 2017 at 9:00 PM Post #5 of 5
That is a good idea..... my desk is tiny, my 27" iMac well, itsn't. Right now I have my speakers behind my monitor angled outwards towards the wall on each side next to them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back