dt770 80 ohms- :-/
May 22, 2017 at 12:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

zackw419

Head-Fier
So I carefully selected a seller on ebay. He had the dt770's listed as "open box amazon return, never been used". So I went with it at $120.

Got them today, left driver is hissing constantly...and they just don't sound good to me. They might be defective all around...but the mids sound not recessed but very "lo-fi" or muffled. I didn't find the high end overbearing either...but they sounded like they had less detail than my previous 280 pros. Also with my head shape, I dont get great isolation with the earpads.

I have some soundmagic e80 IEM's that sound leaps and bounds better than these. I'm wondering If I should try them again or get a different brand of headphone. I was really stoked on these :-/

May 22, 2017 at 12:46 PM Post #2 of 6
Return it, try again if you wish, or get some other headphone.
But definitely return the DT770 you have now.

May 22, 2017 at 1:45 PM Post #6 of 6
They're a completely different experience in the way they approach music. HD600's are very smooth with a very neutral presentation which sometimes can be a bit dull. The DT770's tend to accentuate bass and treble quite a bit and make things "fun".

For example - when I need to rock out to a new EDM track, nothing compares to 770's. Their subbass is the best I've ever personally heard in any headphone, it rocks my soul. The highs can be a bit fatiguing with busier rock tracks but they are progressively getting smoother as they break in (or I'm going deaf - either way they're smoother now than when I first got them). As far as mids go, they have a surprisingly nice and even upfront midrange. Keep in mind I have the 250 ohm version which tends to be a little less "v-shaped" than the 80 ohm version. I also need to point out that the soundstage, for a closed headphone, is quite vast and actually mimicks an open headphone in this regard. I highly recommend them just know what you're getting into.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back