Do Momentum 2.0 Wireless Around Ear's get more comfy?
Jul 27, 2017 at 12:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

TorontoSS

Head-Fier
Hi guys,

I bought a set of Momentum 2.0's around ear wireless for my husband. i saw them randomly for £267 on amazon instead of £379. So I quickly purchased them. They went back to £355 a few hours later. Anyway he didn't like them. I was going to return, but decided to try them out myself, for fun, before returning.

Turns out they are great! I was waiting to take over his Bose QC35 (I know there are many Bose haters here but they excel in comfort) but the Momentum's sound great and actually it's not THAT uncomfortable. I used to have Bowers Wilkins P5 and felt a lot of clamp pressure on them. I also tried P3's to get comfort sacrificing sound. I sacrificed sound again and went to Bose. I am not a Bose hater. I actually think that the QC35s sound good and their Noise Cancelling is excellent. I have a pair of Bose soundlink Around Ear 2. They are not bad, but that's it. Just "not bad". Therefore wanted to take over the QC35s.

However, after trying the Momentum's myself and after getting such a good price, I am seriously considering these. I don't care about the fact that the noise cancelling isn't great. It's actually better for a commute to work. The comfort is better than Bowers and Wilkins P5's but not as good as Bose. I get pain on my jawline when headphones clamp too much. i don't actually get that here. But my question is: Do they get more comfortable over time? Should I stick with the Momentums?

Thanks for your views.

Jul 27, 2017 at 4:52 PM Post #2 of 4
Mine have gotten more comfy since I bought them! But my issue was downward pressure on the headband; it made the top of my head hurt. I'm sure that's almost 100% me getting used to it though. As for tightness/clamping force, you can always stretch the metal slightly to make them more loose. Good luck!

Jul 27, 2017 at 5:44 PM Post #3 of 4
Mine have gotten more comfy since I bought them! But my issue was downward pressure on the headband; it made the top of my head hurt. I'm sure that's almost 100% me getting used to it though. As for tightness/clamping force, you can always stretch the metal slightly to make them more loose. Good luck!

Thanks for your reply! Good to know. Hopefully the clamping will ease a bit. If anyone else has experiences let me know!

Jul 29, 2017 at 12:58 PM Post #4 of 4
Think I've answered my own question- these do feel better after a few days. I definitely feel a clamp still but I think I'm just getting used to it and was thinking about it too much. I'm leaning towards keeping these. They are not as comfy as qc35 but still they sound excellent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back