did i order the right cable
Jul 15, 2017 at 11:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

janey6152

New Head-Fier
I have the AK240
and ordered the
KT.5-R2 HIFI Hi End 2.5mm Balanced Male to 2-Male RCA Audio Cable for Astell&kern Ak240.
I will more than likely be using my 240 connected to my stereo.
The other port hole Balanced is used for what ?

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2017 at 12:46 PM Post #2 of 9
I think the balanced cable for that DAP is supposed to have two separate jacks that plug into each hole. I could be wrong though

Jul 16, 2017 at 1:23 PM Post #3 of 9
I have the AK240
and ordered the
KT.5-R2 HIFI Hi End 2.5mm Balanced Male to 2-Male RCA Audio Cable for Astell&kern Ak240.
I will more than likely be using my 240 connected to my stereo.
The other port hole Balanced is used for what ?

I think the balanced cable for that DAP is supposed to have two separate jacks that plug into each hole. I could be wrong though
One output is balanced the other is unbalanced. You only need to plug it into the balanced out if you want to use that sort of cable.

Jul 25, 2017 at 5:48 PM Post #4 of 9
Need Help. I got the cables, and plug the RCA end to my stereo CD input . , Then the other end 2.5 Plug into the Balanced plug and I cant hear any music ??
In the setting i turn on balance . Still no sound coming out to stero speakers . Now with my other plug connected to earphone port works fine .

Jul 25, 2017 at 6:14 PM Post #5 of 9
Need Help. I got the cables, and plug the RCA end to my stereo CD input . , Then the other end 2.5 Plug into the Balanced plug and I cant hear any music ??
In the setting i turn on balance . Still no sound coming out to stero speakers . Now with my other plug connected to earphone port works fine .
Is the 2.5 mm port meant to be used as a line out? Going balanced in this situation is not going to get you any better audio as your going into a single ended inputs. I don't know how AK's are setup but usually it is a very bad idea to go from balanced to single ended on most amps.

Jul 25, 2017 at 8:28 PM Post #7 of 9
I don't own the 240 so can't say but I think the line out is from the 3.5 mm output I could be wrong though. Too many people here think balanced is so much better but it adds very little to sound quality IMHO .Mostly it is that the amp doubles the power in balanced mode so you think it sounds better that is what my Liquid Carbon does anyway. Also most Daps line outs are just the headphone stage put to max volume.

Jul 25, 2017 at 8:44 PM Post #8 of 9
Not necessarily geared towards headphones . You would want to use the line out to directly feed whatever amplification you are using. You mentioned running it to your cd player. I don't see that working. Find an input(rca)on your stereo and plug your rca plugs in there. Make sure that you select that particular input on your stereo though. You should have nice sound playing then. Just check to make sure what the AK specifications are first.
I may be able to draw a diagram in a few when I get home.
What stereo are you using?
ohh Here i am thinking i would get better sound quality. So its more geared toward a headphone..
Thank you
J

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2017 at 8:46 PM Post #9 of 9
Definitely agree about balanced vs se.
I don't own the 240 so can't say but I think the line out is from the 3.5 mm output I could be wrong though. Too many people here think balanced is so much better but it adds very little to sound quality IMHO .Mostly it is that the amp doubles the power in balanced mode so you think it sounds better that is what my Liquid Carbon does anyway. Also most Daps line outs are just the headphone stage put to max volume.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back