DC Area Head-Fi Meet - May 20, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 14, 2017 at 10:18 PM Post #16 of 33
Great to meet many of you at the last meet! I'll bring my system this time:

SOTM sMS-200 wireless node w/HDPlex LPS --> Burson Conductor V2+ dac/amp --> ZMF Ori zebrawood

Looking forward to it!

May 15, 2017 at 11:18 AM Post #17 of 33
Unfortunate news: talked to The Audio Guild and because of some fabricator delays they are not going to be able to get a unit to us in time for the meet. The good news is that when they do get production units going, they'll send one over for about a month-long residency at Urban HiFi.

The iBasso DX200 arrived and is currently burning in. 2.5mm balanced and 3.5mm single-ended outputs, and I'll bring a cable for people who want to use the line-out to listen to the DAC.

May 16, 2017 at 9:09 PM Post #20 of 33
I am coming. See my sig below for what I am bringing (minus microRendu)

May 17, 2017 at 7:09 AM Post #21 of 33
Looking forward to hearing everything!
Settled on bringing, what is currently, an issue for me. Though going simple with my setups - as I mentioned, one in particular is quite puzzling to me:

Chord 2Qute > Rupert Neve Designs RNHP > HD800S
Schiit Bimby > Arcam rHead > Audeze LCD-X (2017)

May 17, 2017 at 3:01 PM Post #22 of 33
I might have a conflict, I'm not sure yet.

My post on the last page has been edited to reflect my new gear (I bought a modi MB), and has also been edited to reflect that I won't have any DIY staxes.

May 18, 2017 at 7:44 PM Post #23 of 33
Looking forward to hearing everything!
Settled on bringing, what is currently, an issue for me. Though going simple with my setups - as I mentioned, one in particular is quite puzzling to me:

Chord 2Qute > Rupert Neve Designs RNHP > HD800S
Schiit Bimby > Arcam rHead > Audeze LCD-X (2017)
Looking at your collection of famous headphone amps , do you think it's possible for you to bring any of these :
Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon
Eddie Current Black Widow
HeadAmp GS-X mk2
Eddie Current Zana Deux Super

I've always wanted to give the zana deux super and the gsx a try but I've never had a chance to:L3000:.
Do we know currently how many people are showing up ?

May 18, 2017 at 9:01 PM Post #24 of 33
Looking at your collection of famous headphone amps , do you think it's possible for you to bring any of these :
Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon
Eddie Current Black Widow
HeadAmp GS-X mk2
Eddie Current Zana Deux Super

I've always wanted to give the zana deux super and the gsx a try but I've never had a chance to:L3000:.
Do we know currently how many people are showing up ?

Very hard to tote :triportsad:
Need a DAC, small and balanced. I could very easily bring Carbon and Black Widow.

May 19, 2017 at 7:46 PM Post #28 of 33
Will you guys be bringing your electrostatic headphone amp prototype tomorrow ?

Unfortunately not. We're waiting for MrSpeakers to finish a batch of the latest Ether-E revision and then they'll be able to send us the same headphone as we had before, instead of sending an earlier, less complete revision to work with. The amp also involves a few other new things we're still doing final development on, so in the mean time we're working on those. We hope that the next time the amp makes a public appearance it will have made significant improvements over what we had at Axpona.

It looks like I'll have a MZ2, the Border Patrol DAC, MHDT Labs Pagoda, Denafrips Ares, iBasso DX80 and DX200, though something seems to be up with the line-out of our demo model, ZMF Eikon, MrSpeakers Ether Flow, Mitchell & Johnson JL2 and MJ1, Audeze LCD-XC.

I'll also bring a HiFiMAN HE-400i that I just bought and don't think I'm going to keep, as I don't prefer them to the HD650s I also just bought . . . again (third time's a charm - thanks Dan!) even though they seem to do some things in a way that could be preferable.

I won't be bringing because it just arrived today, but available for shop listening is the very new MHDT Labs DAC - the Orchid, which uses the TDA1541A chip and a new output stage.

May 20, 2017 at 11:36 AM Post #30 of 33
Sorry can't make it today. Full Saturday schedule. Have fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back