DAP question

What to get...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
May 22, 2017 at 11:41 PM Post #16 of 29
I almost bought the fiio x5-ii, it is still in my amazon cart along with the Plenue d and the m2s, until I make my decision.

May 22, 2017 at 11:46 PM Post #17 of 29
+1 on the 1More Triple and Quad Drivers. I'd add the RHA MA750 and T20 to the list, too. As for the DAP, I like the X5 II Not sure if you are still looking for an amp but if you are I like the FiiO A5. Low noise floor and plenty of power.
I originally was looking at the x5 and an a5/e12 for a nice stack.

May 23, 2017 at 3:46 AM Post #18 of 29
my tip would be to get IEM's with a detachable cable. You know it's annoying when you have to throw an otherwise perfectly good pair of IEM's because the jack is damaged...

May 23, 2017 at 7:07 AM Post #19 of 29
my tip would be to get IEM's with a detachable cable. You know it's annoying when you have to throw an otherwise perfectly good pair of IEM's because the jack is damaged...
Do they make any removable cable iems that don't wrap around your ear like the shure's?

May 23, 2017 at 7:54 PM Post #21 of 29
Wow, the forum got spammed and pushed this all the way back to page three. Lol. Well, I believe the Plenue d is winning. I hear nothing but great things about it, it has a 100hr battery, and everyone says jet effects is just amazing.

May 23, 2017 at 8:52 PM Post #23 of 29
100 hr playback is quite impressive but I wonder with what ? I doubt a full sized headphone. They do not give the power output per impedance on the site and I could not find it on search. It does say 51 hours of battery for 24bit 96khz though. Have no idea of what Jet effects are but they do list 3D and surround so I'm sure that will bite into the battery. Not trying to knock it as I have not heard it but I know other players battery depends on what it's pushing and the files also. Looks well built though.

May 23, 2017 at 11:08 PM Post #25 of 29
it depends i mean if you like your music a little bit cooler and clinical you will like the X5 but if you like your music slighty warm and bassy, Plenue D
I don't really know my tastes as this would be my first dap that is t an iPod. I do love my schiit stack and sennheiser hd558's. I love the brightness and the detail, as well as the open sound stage. But I also love the old time radio sound. So I have no idea. The x5 was the first dap I really liked, and the one that brought me to this site. It is an excellent play that has wonderful sound, plenty of power, excellent storage, a good UI (I don't mind the click wheel), and a line out for use with amps and more. The Plenue d seems to be an excellent player, with great sound and long battery life.

May 24, 2017 at 12:00 AM Post #26 of 29
it depends i mean if you like your music a little bit cooler and clinical you will like the X5 but if you like your music slighty warm and bassy, Plenue D
I see you bought the Plenue D. Do you regret your decision? Or have you switched to the fiio?

May 24, 2017 at 8:09 AM Post #28 of 29
i sold my Plenue D but to move up to even more expensive...lol i bought a Pioneer xdp-100r, but between the Fiio and the Plenue D, i preferred the Plenue D
Well, thank you for helping me more than others helped you buy your first dap. I think I will go with the Plenue D. I do prefer my 5.5gen iPod with the wolfson dac over my 7th gen with the cirrus chip. Maybe I just like that wolfson sound.

May 25, 2017 at 4:05 PM Post #29 of 29
Well, I have more music that the Plenue d can take. What are your thoughts on the dx50 vs the fiio x5 2nd gen?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back