TOUR CLOSED - CUSTOMART US CIEM Demo Lineup Tour - Including Harmony 8.2 and Ei.XX
May 10, 2017 at 6:56 PM Post #123 of 246
I recieved that thans gear. I will drop it in mail tomorrow as i was called in early to work. Standby for tracking number in pm
Please pm the tracking, haven't got it.

May 24, 2017 at 12:20 AM Post #127 of 246
Handed the kit to @mrstrangeguy, should arrive at his place on Thursday.

Was impressed with 8.2 so far. It got to be one of the most natural sounding iems I've ever heard after Aether. The mid on it clearly beats w900, sweet, extended and well-pronounced. While the bass is satisfying enough being ba, it doesn't get close to w900's (i'm not a basshead so I can live happily with it). I was using it with aftermarket cable and out of balance mode on my dap, this really shows what it's capable of in term of imaging and staging, impressive for the asking price , w900 took this to higher level but at the cost of double, the difference is not that big btw.... I would pick it over w900 and be happy with if the budget isn't allowed more. Tbh, the asking price for this iem is definitely one of the best, it's easily close to something at 2k.

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2017 at 1:13 AM Post #130 of 246
You have the lime ears kit coming your way from Ike so you may want to PM him your address.

Any impressions?

Jun 6, 2017 at 11:32 AM Post #133 of 246
Initial impressions...

Ei.XX

I wasn't super impressed when I first tossed these in. I had a decent amount of trouble finding a good set of tips that gave me a good seal and didn't murder the sound quality. Finally settled on a pair of black double-flange tips and settled down to listen to some music. Again I wasn't super blown away upon my initial impression. Very U-shaped signature as everyone has commented in the thread but the recessed mids really made it difficult for me to enjoy quite a bit of music. The bass is incredible on these. So deep, rich, layered and never feeling out of control even with the quantity of it. I received a set of SpinFit tips in the mail yesterday and popped them on and they've increased my listening experience. I've thrown everything from jazz, hip-hop, electronic to cinema scores at these and they really are a fun to listen too. The recessed mids do still bug me depending on what I am listening too but not nearly as much as when I first started listening. I do tend to listen to music on the high volume side of things and have noticed what I think is some sibilance but usually turn the volume down helps here.

Still much more listening to do here. Have not spent enough time with the 8.2's to give an impression at this point but when I have listened too I've been impressed by the clarity and separation of instruments. It is a bit jarring going from the Ei.XX's to the 8.2's because of how impressive the low-end on the XX's is.

Jun 6, 2017 at 1:29 PM Post #134 of 246
Initial impressions...

Ei.XX

I wasn't super impressed when I first tossed these in. I had a decent amount of trouble finding a good set of tips that gave me a good seal and didn't murder the sound quality. Finally settled on a pair of black double-flange tips and settled down to listen to some music. Again I wasn't super blown away upon my initial impression. Very U-shaped signature as everyone has commented in the thread but the recessed mids really made it difficult for me to enjoy quite a bit of music. The bass is incredible on these. So deep, rich, layered and never feeling out of control even with the quantity of it. I received a set of SpinFit tips in the mail yesterday and popped them on and they've increased my listening experience. I've thrown everything from jazz, hip-hop, electronic to cinema scores at these and they really are a fun to listen too. The recessed mids do still bug me depending on what I am listening too but not nearly as much as when I first started listening. I do tend to listen to music on the high volume side of things and have noticed what I think is some sibilance but usually turn the volume down helps here.

Still much more listening to do here. Have not spent enough time with the 8.2's to give an impression at this point but when I have listened too I've been impressed by the clarity and separation of instruments. It is a bit jarring going from the Ei.XX's to the 8.2's because of how impressive the low-end on the XX's is.

Good initial impressions.

The Ei.xx is really nice. But the 8.2 sneaks up on you as you listen over time and in a quiet space. The 8.2 has addictive mids from the older pros and adds the right amount of bass to make it fun. I am anxious to hear them again. but my initial impression were that the Ei.XX was a great daytime road warrior where the extra bass assists at the gym and noisy environments. The 8.2 however, should be listened to in quieter/darker environments like a fine wine where you can enjoy the details/nuances and savor them. Looking at impressions, it is easy to see which environment the listener had auditioned each.

Jun 8, 2017 at 9:42 AM Post #135 of 246
Good initial impressions.

The Ei.xx is really nice. But the 8.2 sneaks up on you as you listen over time and in a quiet space. The 8.2 has addictive mids from the older pros and adds the right amount of bass to make it fun. I am anxious to hear them again. but my initial impression were that the Ei.XX was a great daytime road warrior where the extra bass assists at the gym and noisy environments. The 8.2 however, should be listened to in quieter/darker environments like a fine wine where you can enjoy the details/nuances and savor them. Looking at impressions, it is easy to see which environment the listener had auditioned each.
I think you nailed it exactly. The Ei.XX's are definitely daily drivers. I used them on my commute into work and when running errands and they are a lot of fun to listen to. I think they are really growing on me the more I listen to them (the bass is seriously really impressive -- listen to Kendrick Lamar's DAMN on these and it feels like your skull is rattling).

The 8.2's I've used at work and home and they sound great with any genre of music but I feel like they excel so much with music that is very complex and has a lot of moving parts instrument-wise or any kind of music that has an intimate feel to it. Especially have enjoyed listening to any music that has one or minimal amount of instrument and a strong vocalist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back