Custom AKG V-Moda Boom Pro Adapter (Testers Wanted)
Jan 31, 2015 at 3:24 PM Post #211 of 247
Count me out of an adaptor (not that I was in line anyway). I don't like a mic on the K712, its the sound isolation from the headphones I don't like over my old trusted PC360. I fpund it strange hearing my voice muffled where the PC360 let a lot of sound in externally, I find myself shouting with the mic + AKG lol... Sold my PC360 & now bought a G4ME one !

I ddon't have that problem with my k7xx when I use my beamforming Mic. ??

Jan 31, 2015 at 6:21 PM Post #212 of 247
Its not the mic or the headphones I have an issue with, they perform great, its the way the headphones don't let sound in to the capsules, it sound to me like I've put my fingers in my ears & then having a convention (ie on TS) with someone & I don't like it.

I guess I've always had opened back headphones like on ear or very open back over ear headsets.

I'll be using the K712 for game's like single player & loanwolf BF4 but not when I'm using TS to play, this will be the Senn G4ME one usage...

Feb 1, 2015 at 2:27 AM Post #214 of 247
I hope not, the ONE's are very alike to the PC360's so I hope its not too much different ?

It could also be the memory foam pads that hold the sound in/out over the K7XX foam/fibre...

Feb 1, 2015 at 11:37 AM Post #215 of 247
Not sure, but the k7xx is really easy to hear myself talking when audio is off. My experience is the game one was harder to hear myself talking. Also keep in mind that if you are using the boompro it has a feedback of your voice into the headphones, just like the game one. Pretty cool actually.

Feb 1, 2015 at 1:11 PM Post #216 of 247
Not sure, but the k7xx is really easy to hear myself talking when audio is off. My experience is the game one was harder to hear myself talking. Also keep in mind that if you are using the boompro it has a feedback of your voice into the headphones, just like the game one. Pretty cool actually.

Not mine. And I'd throw it away if it did... I hate that.

Feb 1, 2015 at 2:40 PM Post #217 of 247

I have the mic muted, hate hearing myself at the best of times let alone flaming after being shot or bad hit reg round corner's !

Overall I love the K712 & the idea of one wire AKG headset. Just the finished result for me doesn't work !

I'm still interested to see OP v2 design ? I really like it when someone takes up the mantle & creates something like this for a snip of what a retailer would... Commendable !

Feb 6, 2015 at 3:52 AM Post #221 of 247
I just want to report that I'm getting a sense that Zombie won't be continuing with this project, for now. He's been sick, as of late, and every time I bring it up, he doesn't sound too enthused. I'm going to refrain from bugging him until he gets the urge to start again.

Sorry guys, at least there are other options, though higher priced.

Feb 6, 2015 at 5:19 AM Post #222 of 247
Well all of you can thank all those bogus buyers. THANK YOU!

And well, Zombie tried, it happen and we know the reasons. We cant blame him and he only gives out to this community, which is greatly appreciated. :)

Feb 6, 2015 at 3:47 PM Post #225 of 247
This might be obtuse where might I find these other options? This adapter would probably be the only reason I keep the K7xx :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back