Colorfly C3 Discussion Thread
May 12, 2017 at 7:21 AM Post #3,196 of 3,325
Just got the NX1a and the TY HI-Z 32 paired up with my C3 and this is probably the best synergy I have ever had. I own higher end gear and this combo is ridiculously good. I have had the C3 for years and haven't used it much until this last week. Quirky and all the C3 is fantastic with the NX1a and the Ty-HI-Z 32.
How much does nx1a improve c3's sound?

May 12, 2017 at 1:34 PM Post #3,197 of 3,325
It gives it bass, and driving power. It is very articulate and neutral amplifier. I chose it over the C&C BH, Headstage Arrow 3G, and the Ibasso D Zero MK2. I wont color what the C3 is capable of just Enhances it and makes it better.

May 12, 2017 at 3:23 PM Post #3,198 of 3,325
Although not quite as powerful as the Topping NX1 I have awesome results with the Xduoo XQ-10:wink:

Got A Vyrus Twice.JPG

May 12, 2017 at 5:18 PM Post #3,199 of 3,325
It gives it bass, and driving power. It is very articulate and neutral amplifier. I chose it over the C&C BH, Headstage Arrow 3G, and the Ibasso D Zero MK2. I wont color what the C3 is capable of just Enhances it and makes it better.[/QUOT]
Can you compare this set up with sandisk sansa,I am using one and it is very natural sounding and has very good soundstage compared to the ipod nano 7th generation which has more driving power but its very digital and lacks the depth that sansa has.Some have said earlier that c3 is less powerful than sandisk which itself is less powerful than ipod,Can you tell how much power can nx1a provide?

May 12, 2017 at 5:47 PM Post #3,200 of 3,325
The NX1A is driving my 32 ohm earbuds with 115db sensitivity on high gain at about 20% volume very nicely. It could easliy drive it in lo gain, but the high gain gives it more dynamics. What headphones are you going to be driving with it?

May 12, 2017 at 6:03 PM Post #3,201 of 3,325
I've listened to my C200 now some hours and I can say, I think it's perfect upgrade for C3. Sound signature is quite similiar, but C200 sounds somehow fuller. I don't know if I'd call it warmer, but it's just somehow a bit more organic, making C3 sometimes to sound very slightly thin in comparison. Not huge difference though. When it comes to soundstage, that's where great improvements are imo. I think soundstage wideness is pretty much the same, C3 has great soundstage, but imaging goes to C200. It's just more precise, more air between instruments and overall cleaner presentation. TRANSPARENCY! I also hear C200 brings soundstage a bit forward on middle, making vocalist to stand out nicely from music. I definitely don't regret purchasing C200, altough there's one really annoying bug right now, which I hope will be fixed on next FW version. But sound is so good that that drawback can be overlooked. Also really great thing is that C200 obiviously has more output power, and no more need to use external headphone amp.

May 21, 2017 at 1:19 AM Post #3,205 of 3,325
I've listened to my C200 now some hours and I can say, I think it's perfect upgrade for C3. Sound signature is quite similiar, but C200 sounds somehow fuller. I don't know if I'd call it warmer, but it's just somehow a bit more organic, making C3 sometimes to sound very slightly thin in comparison. Not huge difference though. When it comes to soundstage, that's where great improvements are imo. I think soundstage wideness is pretty much the same, C3 has great soundstage, but imaging goes to C200. It's just more precise, more air between instruments and overall cleaner presentation. TRANSPARENCY! I also hear C200 brings soundstage a bit forward on middle, making vocalist to stand out nicely from music. I definitely don't regret purchasing C200, altough there's one really annoying bug right now, which I hope will be fixed on next FW version. But sound is so good that that drawback can be overlooked. Also really great thing is that C200 obiviously has more output power, and no more need to use external headphone amp.
Hi ILMO ...Well me either...no regrets for purchasing C200...helll it is dor sure an upgrade..think that in my case been listening for a a while ti C200 and trying to listen after to C3 always felt that there is something missing there..its a lot thinner and linear IMO you re right about that..in opposite C200 has a fully 3 dimentional soynd ans coherency in much higher vilume..
Power wise no comparison at all..never had to use high gain mode on C200...and it is for sure mid focused giving the vocals central stage claeity and authority. ..the only down side is that the screen and operation ability stucks now and then duringplaying time...because of that i carry in the same case with C200 a toothpick to press the reset button at the bottom each time that problem occurs...not a deal breaker offcourse cause after listening to C200 i seriously doubt that at this price range you can find a more coherent and transparent sound as well ...have you experienced that stuck issue as well?

May 21, 2017 at 1:25 AM Post #3,206 of 3,325
20170304_105221.jpg
Anyone on here by chance tried the C3 with the ALO Rx?
ALO Rx is on my list for next month's purchases man...for now C3 is permanently coupled with bluebird U3.6 and believe me it is an unbelievable transparent combo with much added dynamics and 100% uncoloured sound...

Last edited:
May 21, 2017 at 1:34 AM Post #3,207 of 3,325
Hi... i own both C3 and sandisc sansa+ and i can assure you that by no means C3 is back in driving ability..
In fact i think C3 is more capable that sansa+ power wise and dB wise as well

May 21, 2017 at 2:10 AM Post #3,208 of 3,325
20170521_090224.jpg
20170521_085903.jpg

May 21, 2017 at 2:12 AM Post #3,209 of 3,325
So tempting for my ear canals

May 21, 2017 at 3:20 AM Post #3,210 of 3,325
Hi ILMO ...Well me either...no regrets for purchasing C200...helll it is dor sure an upgrade..think that in my case been listening for a a while ti C200 and trying to listen after to C3 always felt that there is something missing there..its a lot thinner and linear IMO you re right about that..in opposite C200 has a fully 3 dimentional soynd ans coherency in much higher vilume..
Power wise no comparison at all..never had to use high gain mode on C200...and it is for sure mid focused giving the vocals central stage claeity and authority. ..the only down side is that the screen and operation ability stucks now and then duringplaying time...because of that i carry in the same case with C200 a toothpick to press the reset button at the bottom each time that problem occurs...not a deal breaker offcourse cause after listening to C200 i seriously doubt that at this price range you can find a more coherent and transparent sound as well ...have you experienced that stuck issue as well?

I'm a bit sad that my C200 didn't like fat32 format on sd card, so I had to change it to exfat, making C3 unable to read it anymore. But sonically I don't really miss C3 when I have C200. I haven't encountered stuck issue at all except with one file so far, and even then it still responded to off command so no need for reset. I prefer high gain mode with my headphones, and maybe with earbuds aswell, like HE150 and monk+. Btw, C200 and SRH1440 are magical pair, never have heard such soundstage from portable dap, and with no any external amps. Transparency and depth of soundstage are amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back