Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread
May 28, 2017 at 9:34 AM Post #3,676 of 22,475
It's kind of you to post.

I don't know which color I am receiving as I placed the order for "whichever is here first..."

I intend on also getting a good protective covering. Although it will be mostly desk top, it will travel with me. For normal portability, Mojo Poly will mow lawns, exercise, go for walks and engage me in waiting rooms and such.

thanks.

Currawong posted a picture of the black case from a HiFi meet a few weeks back. https://www.head-fi.org/f/threads/c...official-thread.831345/page-226#post-13475486
He said that it was a one-off, but I imagine that the guys from Van Nuys have been showing the case, in an attempt to get a feel for the level of interest, if they made the case commercially.

May 28, 2017 at 10:06 AM Post #3,677 of 22,475
Currawong posted a picture of the black case from a HiFi meet a few weeks back. https://www.head-fi.org/f/threads/c...official-thread.831345/page-226#post-13475486
He said that it was a one-off, but I imagine that the guys from Van Nuys have been showing the case, in an attempt to get a feel for the level of interest, if they made the case commercially.

Exactly.

I recognize the pricing is not likely to have the Mojo Effect of mass audience of smart phone audiences, but all those who fell in love with Mojo may have had their eyes opened and...
that pretty much describes me. Mojo replaced everything for me and now Hugo 2 will be the desktop primarily.

Is Monday a holiday in Europe? I hope there are no bizarre disruptions in transportation as we saw in London yesterday!

Mike, you'd be interested to know that we found an expresso machine and the coffee brand we had in Geneva and am enjoying music with a black coffee this Sunday early am.

Any guess on a new album we are listening to, as we await H2?

Last edited:
May 28, 2017 at 10:31 AM Post #3,678 of 22,475
Exactly.

I recognize the pricing is not likely to have the Mojo Effect of mass audience of smart phone audiences, but all those who fell in love with Mojo may have had their eyes opened and...
that pretty much describes me. Mojo replaced everything for me and now Hugo 2 will be the desktop primarily.

Is Monday a holiday in Europe? I hope there are no bizarre disruptions in transportation as we saw in London yesterday!

Monday is a holiday in the UK (also school mid-term holidays).
Monday 5th is the equivalent holiday in France.
They are still having disruptions today. One problem that transport systems have, is that when a major hub like Heathrow closes for flights, aircraft flying their outward leg, cannot make the return leg either, and so you end up with downstream disruption because empty aircraft become stranded at the 'wrong' airport. The same happens when there are train disruptions, but the impact is often less widely publicised.
It beggars belief that BA were able to design, and then implement, an IT system with a single point of failure, when that failure can affect so many passengers globally.
All the affected families will be having a holiday that they will never forget, for the wrong reasons. If their flight was cancelled yesterday, and cancelled again today, then they will end up losing at least two days of their holiday (plus trying to keep any bored children amused) - compensation lawyers will be rubbing their hands with glee.

May 28, 2017 at 12:49 PM Post #3,680 of 22,475
Lazing in the Sunday afternoon...
IMG_0053.JPG
It ain't no Hugo 2, butit is a bliss nontheless. On Tuesday my better half and two mini-mes return from their month-long trip to their relatives on the other side of the world, so I am enjoying the quiet peace while it lasts. I kind of hoped I'll be enjoying H2 by now, as listening sessions will be swapped yet again to the fun with family, but in a beautiful day like this, who would care less :). Fellow headfiers, enjoy a perfect day today!

May 28, 2017 at 1:01 PM Post #3,681 of 22,475

It ain't no Hugo 2, butit is a bliss nontheless. On Tuesday my better half and two mini-mes return from their month-long trip to their relatives on the other side of the world, so I am enjoying the quiet peace while it lasts. I kind of hoped I'll be enjoying H2 by now, as listening sessions will be swapped yet again to the fun with family, but in a beautiful day like this, who would care less :). Fellow headfiers, enjoy a perfect day today!
What's the wine? And what's that black box connected to your phone?

May 28, 2017 at 1:25 PM Post #3,684 of 22,475

Your picture makes me wish that I hadn't finished my bottle of Pouilly-Fumé yesterday, and instead saved half of it for today. :disappointed:
You will soon have your Hugo 2, some dealers have stated shipping starts tomorrow.

May 28, 2017 at 2:15 PM Post #3,689 of 22,475
I don't drink alcohol at all and that have saved me thousands and thousands over the years.
Hugo2 will be coming soon and Xootr MG has arrived, lots of fun.
Freedom,good music, nature and action to keep myself busy. Wondeful.
What's the secret of not drinking mate wish I had that will power!If I didn't drink I would have a Chord Dave easily

Users who are viewing this thread

Back