Bookshelf or 2.1 recommendations for under $150?
Jun 5, 2017 at 12:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

legolas52

Head-Fier
I'm looking for a new speaker setup for my bedroom on the cheap (< $150). My main requirement is that it sounds decent and the bass is satisfying. I don't listen to music loudly and since I live in an apartment, I don't want to disturb the neighbors. I just want some satisfying bass (my current fav headphones are the Bose QC35 and QC30). My current cheapo $20 logitech computers speakers are very unsatisfying in the bass department.

Examples of Bookshelf speakers: Dayton B652 + amp, R1280T, or these: https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=13259,
Examples of 2.1: Klipsch ProMedia 2.1, Harmon kardon soundsticks, etc.

Would you recommend Bookshelf Speakers or 2.1 Multimedia speakers? I didn't know if Bookshelf speakers without a sub would be lacking in bass. I don't need thundering bass since it's for my small (11x12) bedroom.

Any speakers you'd recommend for my situation? Thanks!

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2017 at 11:33 AM Post #2 of 2
Look into the Edifier E10BT - they have dual passive radiators on each speaker. I'm using a cheap speaker with the same kind of configuration, the SonicGear Quattro (surprisingly clear and not grainy, smooth midrange), and the bass is enough for some of my music. Maybe not enough to really have thundering double pedals on metal, but House and K-Pop have enough bass to highlight the beat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back