Bluetooth Headphone Connection To Amp.
May 25, 2017 at 11:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

tele1962

New Head-Fier
I am thinking about purchasing the Bose QC35's but i am unsure as to how and what is the best recommended product to connect to my soon to be purchased (used) Marantz PM6003 Amp wirelessly? :confused:

May 25, 2017 at 1:52 PM Post #2 of 3
I am thinking about purchasing the Bose QC35's but i am unsure as to how and what is the best recommended product to connect to my soon to be purchased (used) Marantz PM6003 Amp wirelessly? :confused:

You can't, not directly nor is it necessary. A Bluetooth headphone already has an active circuit built into it - that includes the BT receiver, a DAC, and a headphone amplifier. It is totally unnecessary to connect to the amp since it already has one, and BT headphones prioritize sensitivity/efficiency over response flatness anyway since the primary concern is to have the battery in it it last through one long haul flight.

In any case, you need to get a Bluetooth Transmitter, preferably with RCA inputs, or digital SPDIF. You can find these on Amazon. You can hook it up straight to your source via RCA analogue (stand alone DAC, CDP, etc) or SPDIF. If your problem is that you can't hook up either way to the source unit, then connect it to the Tape Out on the PM6003.

Note that if you're buying the PM6003 to drive a BT headphone you might as well cancel that because it's unnecessary, but of course if you're going to use it to drive speakers and have the BT headphone as back up for when you can't make a lot of noise (ex at night), then go right ahead.

May 25, 2017 at 6:44 PM Post #3 of 3
It can be done but the big question is why?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back