Best Amp/Dac For Fidelio X2
May 25, 2017 at 3:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Shpongledd

New Head-Fier
Hello
Looking for a best Amp/Dac under 200$ for my Fidelio X2

I guess "IFI Audio Nano iDSD DAC & Headphone Amplifier" is best option...
what do you think guys?

And the most important thing is does it improvement voice of my headphone very much??
does it worth to buy amp/dac for X2??
Because Fidelio X2 is just 30 Ohms!

May 25, 2017 at 7:37 PM Post #2 of 3
The X2 sounds amazing from my iFi Micro iDSD, so I'd say yes, amping them is worth it. The Micro is out of your budget, but I have a cheap $50 tube amp from Nobsound and the X2 benefit from the extra juice from that, so the Nano should power them quite well.

May 25, 2017 at 9:53 PM Post #3 of 3
Hello
Looking for a best Amp/Dac under 200$ for my Fidelio X2

I guess "IFI Audio Nano iDSD DAC & Headphone Amplifier" is best option...
what do you think guys?

And the most important thing is does it improvement voice of my headphone very much??
does it worth to buy amp/dac for X2??
Because Fidelio X2 is just 30 Ohms!

Impedance doesn't matter the way you think it does. Some headphones can be 32ohms to 62ohms and yet have a low enough sensitivity or higher requirements for current delivery that you'd need an amp so it won't distort at the output levels you require for listening louder.

At the same time, it might only be 30ohms, but if whatever you have it plugged into has a very high output impedance, it can sound thinner or warmer than it does on an amp that does not have the same problem.

In the case of the X2, power isn't a concern considering it has a 98dB sensitivity, and unlike the 98dB HD650, it has 1/10 of the impedance, and most amp circuits deliver more power at 32ohms than at 300ohms (except for OTL tube amps, which deliver more at 300ohms than at 32ohms). As long as whatever you plug it into isn't such a bad design as to have a high output impedance, bad channel separation, or piles on distortion and/or noise too quickly, the X2 will do fine.

You can get away with a Fiio E10K if you just need it for music (or all your video games have virtual surround built into the game's audio program, rather than have a DSP remix a 5.1 or 7.1 signal into 2ch with positional cues), even if or especially if whatever you're using now is a bad enough design, or if not, just buy an amp later on based more on whatever other headphones you might get in the future that will need the amp more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back