Beard Oil on Velour pads?
Jan 13, 2017 at 5:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Bubblejuice

500+ Head-Fier
I just got a pair of old HD 595s, so i'm experimenting with them with light modding, considering they only cost me $20. The pads were gross, I washed them and now they feel good.

But just before that a thought crossed my mind...

Since I use beard oil pleather and leather bands and pads when I want to rejuvenate them a bit, and considering the magic that beard oil does to beards. Would a light rubbing of beard oil with a cloth on the velour pads do the pads good or bad? 

I tried a little dab on them before I washed them, that spot became incredibly soft. But I'm not sure what would happen if I applied it to the whole pad. So far beard oil works great on leather and pleather. Once it's absorbed it doesn't seem to go bad like cooking oil would. Also, it doesn't make my head oily once it's dried for a few minutes, but obviously velour is a completely different thing than leather, so i'm not sure.

Any ideas what the result would be? (I'll probably try it anyways if no one tells me otherwise :p)

Thanks!

Feb 7, 2024 at 11:43 AM Post #2 of 4
I just got a pair of old HD 595s, so i'm experimenting with them with light modding, considering they only cost me $20. The pads were gross, I washed them and now they feel good.

But just before that a thought crossed my mind...

Since I use beard oil pleather and leather bands and pads when I want to rejuvenate them a bit, and considering the magic that beard oil does to beards. Would a light rubbing of beard oil with a cloth on the velour pads do the pads good or bad?

I tried a little dab on them before I washed them, that spot became incredibly soft. But I'm not sure what would happen if I applied it to the whole pad. So far beard oil works great on leather and pleather. Once it's absorbed it doesn't seem to go bad like cooking oil would. Also, it doesn't make my head oily once it's dried for a few minutes, but obviously velour is a completely different thing than leather, so i'm not sure.

Any ideas what the result would be https://www.jpost.com/advisor/beauty/7-best-beard-oils-review-784789,? (I'll probably try it anyways if no one tells me otherwise :p)

Thanks!
Go for it! Since you've already tried a small dab and noticed positive results, applying beard oil to the entire velour pad could potentially soften and rejuvenate it further. Just be cautious of how much oil you use to avoid any excessive absorption or residue buildup. Give it a try and see how it goes!

Feb 7, 2024 at 12:35 PM Post #3 of 4
Oil or perfume with oil can be really hard to clean since the foam is petroleum based. The best way is use a delicate bag on gentle cycle with unscented detergent and unscented fabric softener. They'll be clean and really soft. Put your mouse pad in too and your mouse will slide so easy since the material is like neoprene.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back