B&O Beoplay H4 announced
Feb 16, 2017 at 5:30 AM Post #16 of 67
  Do you wear glasses by any chance?  I've tried the B&W P7 but the firm cushions on those didn't play nice with my glasses.  The P5 caused no such issues since they're on-ear.  Other over ears like the QC35 don't seem to cause problems either, but I've not been able to try any of the Beoplay cans.

No, I don't wear glasses (yet). But the ear cushions are so soft I doubt you'd have a problem with this. P7w hurt my skin below ears when I tried to wear them all day (that's in addition to pushy headband), these are super gentle in this regard.

Feb 16, 2017 at 12:03 PM Post #17 of 67
I got my pair today. I love how light they are and how well they sit on my ear/head. The sound is not as rich and deep as the P7W but it's not bad - it's just different, as someone said here - a different sound stage. They cool very good IMO. Pleasantly surprised.

Anyone know how to avoid Siri from popping up on my iPhone when I want to turn off the headphones? Even if I deactivate Siri it still pops up on my phone with a box telling about Siri. They do turn off after 5-10 secs but can't seem to avoid getting the pop up on my phone.

Feb 17, 2017 at 7:58 AM Post #18 of 67
Also - anyone having problem skipping songs in the music app on iPhone? It works without problems in Spotify but in the default music app the music stops when I press the on-off button twice. But then when I press once more, it starts the next song. Seems like a bug.

Feb 24, 2017 at 12:16 PM Post #20 of 67
Just received these two days ago. Absolute delight to listen to them. Definitely a lot more punchier than the usual Beoplay offering. They are completely different from the H6 for the same price point. The hardware controls need some getting used to though. They are a little confusing tbh. The h4 seems purely a beats/consumer wireless headphone competitor in my opinion with a far superior sound signature. 

Feb 24, 2017 at 3:07 PM Post #21 of 67
  Just received these two days ago. Absolute delight to listen to them. Definitely a lot more punchier than the usual Beoplay offering. They are completely different from the H6 for the same price point. The hardware controls need some getting used to though. They are a little confusing tbh. The h4 seems purely a beats/consumer wireless headphone competitor in my opinion with a far superior sound signature. 

I have been streaming some movie clips from youtube and other sources and found the dialogues pretty clear. The lack of Aptx should not be of any concern. The sound signature on these should be suitable for Movies.

Feb 28, 2017 at 8:31 PM Post #22 of 67
Charged mine for the first time today. Waited for the solid green light and according to my iPhone the battery is on 90%. Has anyone else had the same? Hopefully its just a software problem. 

Mar 23, 2017 at 6:07 PM Post #24 of 67
Weird problem I'm having with the H4 on my MacBook.  It seems to automatically set the left & right channels to ever so slightly different volumes (see picture below).  Not sure if I should change the values to be the same, or if B&O programed this discrepancy into the settings on purpose.  I'm always worried about messing around with the default "Audio MIDI Setup" settings on MacOS.

Any thoughts on this issue?

UPDATE: "Audio MIDI Setup" problem was my mistake, not the headphones or computer.  I must have accidentally changed the settings.

Otherwise I'm liking the headphones.  They're a little bit bass heavy, but not in an obnoxious way.  Ear padding and headband are really comfy.  Kind of wishing for a bit more general "punch"/"dimension" to the sound, but I'm not disappointed as is.  Was able to picked them up on sale for $240, and compared to other bluetooth headphones in that price range I think I got a pretty solid deal.  Hoping these become my go to cans for when I'm stationary while out and about (i.e. on a long train ride, library, etc.).

Currently searching for a carrying case to protect my H4 when I throw it into a backpack/bag.  The H4's ear cups seems to be a bit thicker than other B&O Beoplay headphones, so most (if not all) of the existing cases for the H7 and H9 do not work with the H4.  I've ordered a few generic cases on Amazon to try out, but if anyone knows of a definite solution that works I'd love to hear about it.

Mar 25, 2017 at 5:45 AM Post #26 of 67
Can anyone of you hear that the right earcup is a little bit louder than the left ? If I turn to Mono audio I can hear that especially voices coming a little bit more from the right. (I had them put on blindly by my brother and could say how the H4 are put on. ) I returned the H4. My new pair has the same problem.

Mar 27, 2017 at 11:35 AM Post #27 of 67
  Can anyone of you hear that the right earcup is a little bit louder than the left ? If I turn to Mono audio I can hear that especially voices coming a little bit more from the right. (I had them put on blindly by my brother and could say how the H4 are put on. ) I returned the H4. My new pair has the same problem.

I keep on going back and forth on this issue.  When I'm listening in stereo it sounds like the right may be "minusculely" louder, but when I set it to mono they sound about the same.  I figured it was probably my music/hearing that was an issue rather than the headphones themselves.  Generally don't trust my "ears" to distinguish these kind of "subjective" issues.   I'd love see someone who has the necessary equipment properly test out the volume of the L vs. R speakers just to be sure.  Rather return my pair if I have a "lemon" set than hold onto it.  But if there is a problem (which I'm not sure if there is yet) maybe B&O can just fix it with a software update?

Btw, in regards to my prior post above I've since set the L&R channels to the same values on my Mac.  Figure I must have mistakenly fudged with the settings.  Regardless I've reached out to B&O's support over the weekend about the problem, hopefully I get a helpful response.  My inquiry was not explicitly about volume in L vs. R speaker, instead inquiring about default settings when connected via bluetooth.

UPDATE: L vs. R audio problem must have been my own fault.  Most likely accidentally changed the settings.  I also found out the headphones were defaulting to SBC instead of AAC.  Figured out how to enable AAC and its making a world's difference with the sound quality.

Mar 27, 2017 at 8:42 PM Post #28 of 67
dfnj123, where did you get these for $240?  
blink.gif

Mar 28, 2017 at 4:48 AM Post #30 of 67
[COLOR=6A6A6A]dfnj123, where did you get these for $240?  [/COLOR]:blink:
A boutique electronic store in my area (AC Gears in NYC) was having a 15% off everything St Patrick's Day weekend sale. They also have a reward program where you can apply 5% of prior purchases towards new purchases, and I had about $15 in my account.

Figured that would be the best deal I'd find for the H4 until at least the holidays, so I pounced! :joy: It was basically an impulse buy despite the fact that I'd been mulling over getting a full sized bluetooth headphone in the $300-ish price range for a couple weeks/months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back