Audio-Technica ATH-ESW950 and ATH-ES750
Oct 8, 2015 at 9:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 39

yellowbirdfly

Previously known as lalala6
Audio-Technica has announced the ATH-ESW950 and ATH-ES750, successors to the ESW9 and ES700 respectively.

ATH-ESW950

1. Colorful sound wood housing plays carved innocence of high Sycamore material having acoustic properties. 
    About Sycamore material: Luxury violin and musical instruments such as guitar or fine furniture such as high scarcity value and wood used to,. Along with the beauty of one different grain one, you can enjoy the elegant and spectacular sound.
  2. To increase the magnetic force, renewable until the hi-res sound source with integrated yoke of 42㎜ drivers in pursuit of reproducibility of the sound.
  3. EARSUIT specially designed removable cord that adopts the audio for A2DC connector.
  4. Good lambskin ear pad of excellent feel and durability.
  5. It is convenient to carry in a brushed fabric pouch that comes with foldable swivel mechanism.

https://www.audio-technica.co.jp/atj/show_model.php?modelId=2778

ATH-ES750

1. Sophisticated tone without the haze stainless housing play of hairline finish and mirror-finished. 
    For stainless steel: high hardness, it adopted a superior stainless steel in strength. In hairline finish and mirror-finished by the hands of the Japanese craftsman, you can enjoy a good sound of the missing were suppress unnecessary vibration with glossy luster.
  2. To increase the magnetic force, renewable until the hi-res sound source with integrated yoke of 42㎜ drivers in pursuit of reproducibility of the sound.
  3. EARSUIT specially designed removable cord that adopts the audio for A2DC connector.
  4. Familiar and comfortable ear pads to the ear with a light fit.
  5. It is convenient to carry in a pouch attached to the foldable swivel mechanism.

https://www.audio-technica.co.jp/atj/show_model.php?modelId=2779

Oct 11, 2015 at 9:32 PM Post #4 of 39
The ESW950 could be killer if it directly improves on ESW9's sound and fix its shortcomings. The ESW9LTD was a departure from ESW9's sound, so I hope AT does it right this time.

The ES750 might surprise too. Shall see...

Nov 18, 2015 at 11:59 AM Post #7 of 39
So is the ES10 now discontinued?

Wish they just make more ESW10s and 11s

Nov 21, 2015 at 2:17 PM Post #8 of 39
The removable cable is great. Sadly I cannot justify another portable woody in my collection.

The esw11ltd and 9ltd are just too great.

Dec 1, 2015 at 10:15 PM Post #10 of 39
Apparently there is a variant of ESW950 called ESW990H. Googling it only turned up Korean search results, perhaps a Korean exclusive? I wonder what's the difference...

Anyway, the ESW990H page (in Korean) here: www.audio-technica.co.kr/m2/goods/view.php?=&goodsno=232

Dec 2, 2015 at 6:14 AM Post #11 of 39
Apparently there is a variant of ESW950 called ESW990H. Googling it only turned up Korean search results, perhaps a Korean exclusive? I wonder what's the difference...

Anyway, the ESW990H page (in Korean) here: www.audio-technica.co.kr/m2/goods/view.php?=&goodsno=232

It seems that the only difference between ESW950 and ESW990H is a cable with remote control.

Dec 20, 2015 at 9:37 AM Post #15 of 39
Tried out the ES750 and ESW950 (actually, the local variants of them: ES770 and ESW990H) at the Mook festival last weekend - I walked away more impressed by the 750 than the 950.

Take the ES700, add more refinement and detail in the already good mids, add better low and high extension, and you get the ES750. These don't sound anything like its price might suggest. Just amazing sound from those small drivers.

The ESW950, on the other hand, did not impress me as I find they did not do anything better than the old ESW9. Perhaps the set was new and hasn't been burned in. I'll give it a chance and audition one again next time, as I really want these to be good.

Both tested with a FiiO X7.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back